• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

SPI fix kit

AkRider217

Feb 12, 2017
Seward, Alaska
I know SPI pistons have worked well for alot of people, but what about their fix kit? You can get the whole kit for only $350 which is a much better price than the MTNTK kit.

05rmksteve

Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I've used a couple of the spi fix kits and haven't had a problem. As far as I know the sleds I put the kits in ate still running strong. One kit came with an aluminum spacer and the other came with a steel spacer they where ordered from 2 different companies. On a Polaris motor I would go with a spi kit vs a kit that uses a wisceo piston.

gtwitch

Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
ditto on the SPI pistons! I have had problems with Wiesco pistons in the fix kit! In my last three top ends, I used just the SPI stock pistons and on one of those I took out the fix kit plate and went back to stock SPI pistons and those are still running great. If I can't convince the owner to use OEM polaris pistons, then I recommend SPI. I used Sno-X pistons for many years and the last time I ordered and received pistons from Sno-X, I got SPI, so I just cut the middleman.
gtwitch in wyoming

AkRider217

Feb 12, 2017
Seward, Alaska
Do you guys think the SPI fix kit is worth it over just standard SPI pistons? The fix kit runs about $100 more than just the pistons, that's a lot of money for just a shim.

Type Z

Dec 20, 2018
ditto on the SPI pistons! I have had problems with Wiesco pistons in the fix kit! In my last three top ends, I used just the SPI stock pistons and on one of those I took out the fix kit plate and went back to stock SPI pistons and those are still running great. If I can't convince the owner to use OEM polaris pistons, then I recommend SPI. I used Sno-X pistons for many years and the last time I ordered and received pistons from Sno-X, I got SPI, so I just cut the middleman.
gtwitch in wyoming
you could try HPP5074 at Cvtech...most of their hpp line of pistons are snow-x.....

Tunneltwister

Jun 27, 2018
Grosse Pointe Woods Mi....
I bought my sled with a MTEK kit in it, I just sent my cylinders in for a replate and hone...lol. Wiesco is a good product but i will hard pressed to ever run them on a trail sled ever again. Ive just switched to a SPI hyperdrive stock setup.