• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharger

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I’m wondering if your supercharger was installed backwards? I read your post where you said your turbo spooled quicker and I know you’ve got problems. I ride with a large group of turbos from various suppliers in all states of tune and everyone is impressed with the cat supercharger. It makes way more bottom end power than a turbo - no comparison. It’s a handful if you’re not ready for it. I’ll say that the top end feels similar but I still lean towards the supercharger being faster.

Id wager some money i can get my turbo to come out with a SC. Just saying

A
Dec 23, 2018
My cousins 20 SC out runs my 20 BD SK. from start to finish the SC is faster. but with Speedwerx clutching the BD SK walked on it. changed the clutching and boom we have it the other way around

Your comparing a water to air setup to non intercooled great comparison.

Anyone stupid enough to run a SC again a turbo I got 10k says my turbo destroys it bring cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
My cousins 20 SC out runs my 20 BD SK. from start to finish the SC is faster. but with Speedwerx clutching the BD SK walked on it. changed the clutching and boom we have it the other way around

Can you provide more info.... When you say "20 SC" is that a 2020 Polaris 850 or is it a 2020 Arctic Cat? and is the "20 BD SK" a 2020 850 with a Boondocker non intercooled SK?

When you say it "out runs" the other is that just a flat land drag race or??? what elevation are they at?

Bottom line, if there's someone who has a Super Charger on a Polaris 850 I'd love to get their feedback on the kit as a comparison to the turbo kits on the Polaris 850. In other words.... how's the throttle response, fuel mapping, fit and finish of the kit, clutching, any detonation issues, mid and top end power/torque etc...

Still have yet to get an actual post on here from someone who actually has experience with the Speedwerx Supercharger on the Polaris 850 (after all, that's the Thread and Subthread that this is posted under --- "Polaris: Axys 850 Patriot >>> Speedwerx Supercharger") Seems like an all new kit.

It's crazy to continue to make the comparisons with older models and previous kits but I could be wrong

Last edited:

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Your comparing a water to air setup to non intercooled great comparison.

Anyone stupid enough to run a SC again a turbo I got 10k says my turbo destroys it bring cash

How much boost and how long of a race is it? i have no interest is losing 10k to a mile long race on flats because you geared up. 500 ft race. both running 8lbs of boost. 10k in the pot or pinks.

its a 2020 supercharged alpha against a 2020 boondocker sidekick non intercooled. the intercooler will help for sure. but not when im only running a 500ft race on flatlands. yes flatlands at 6500ft elevation. now out come all the people saying you cant compare flats to hills and all that.

A
Dec 23, 2018
Up a nice long steep hill like one that an average sled or stock sled wouldn’t not make it over was more what I had in mind

I

idahoscott

Feb 26, 2008
ran a sc on my alpha whipped my 800 khaos with a turbo in every aspect i am currently witnig for a bracket and will finish the install on my 2022 axys 850 supercharger i cant wait to see how it will do against the alpha i also chanded the rear skis to a Arctic cat track so tracks are the same. cant wait to line them up. i prefer the sc over the turbo all day long

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I have one .. It absolutely stomps any turbo I've ever done. No heat and no lag !!! There is no Blowoff or Wastegate .
Exits out the stock Belly exit , Stock pipe end also . Could be at dealer stock in an Hour.
The Auxillary Coolant take and Airbox are one Aluminum piece .

Biggest complaint I can see is the cost . And it uses more Gas, Alot more.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
2020 Polaris 850 Khaos . 100% stock except the Speedwerx ProCharger ..

My Complaint . The Can included is Absolutely to loud .. hope they have a quiet one coming but it needs to have no back pressure because of the rediculous acceleration . It's Zero to 8400 instantly .

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Very nice install . With Electric Start even !! And Chaincase !
I did ride it once in the UP of Michigan with my 48" SKinz Front and 1.80 gears on a 1.75 but it wasted 8 gallons of 112 Octane Gas in a 20 mile ride so I don't think it's a real good idea to even worry about low elevation. I bought a 155 SKS to use for that.

IMG_20201217_121502860.jpg

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Very nice install . With Electric Start even !! And Chaincase !
I did ride it once in the UP of Michigan with my 48" SKinz Front and 1.80 gears on a 1.75 but it wasted 8 gallons of 112 Octane Gas in a 20 mile ride so I don't think it's a real good idea to even worry about low elevation. I bought a 155 SKS to use for that.
What octane are you running at higher elevations?

Premium Features