• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

speedo way off

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So heres the deal. I have a 14 Pro 800 with a MTNTK turbo that lost the ECU. Got another one that came off a 14 assault 800 and the speedo shows high by about 3 times I would guess. Plug another one in I have and shows normal. The RMK and Assault both have same part # for speedo pick up. All the programming numbers match up the same from ECU to ECU.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So heres the deal. I have a 14 Pro 800 with a MTNTK turbo that lost the ECU. Got another one that came off a 14 assault 800 and the speedo shows high by about 3 times I would guess. Plug another one in I have and shows normal. The RMK and Assault both have same part # for speedo pick up. All the programming numbers match up the same from ECU to ECU.

Dealer told me they can select if the sled has a chaincase or quickdrive when programming. They are not equal but 3 times is a bit much.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Does the Assault get its speedo pick up off the rotor like the RMK? I know they run different rotors. Its probably more like double off.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

This would be normal and expected. Chaincase Assault versus the Belt Drive on the Pro.

On the Pro Ride with factory Quickdrive, the speed sensor reads the holes in the brake disc of the jackshaft. The Assault brake disc is different than the Pro Ride.

If you want to use the Assault ECU and have correct speedo readings, you will need a different flash installed into the ECU or contact Loudhandle here on the forum for a speedo converter.

A
This would be normal and expected. Chaincase Assault versus the Belt Drive on the Pro.

On the Pro Ride with factory Quickdrive, the speed sensor reads the holes in the brake disc of the jackshaft. The Assault brake disc is different than the Pro Ride.

If you want to use the Assault ECU and have correct speedo readings, you will need a different flash installed into the ECU or contact Loudhandle here on the forum for a speedo converter.
I have the same problem and the dealer tried to change it with his DW and said that he couldn't

Premium Features