• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

speedo way off

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So heres the deal. I have a 14 Pro 800 with a MTNTK turbo that lost the ECU. Got another one that came off a 14 assault 800 and the speedo shows high by about 3 times I would guess. Plug another one in I have and shows normal. The RMK and Assault both have same part # for speedo pick up. All the programming numbers match up the same from ECU to ECU.

Teth-Air

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So heres the deal. I have a 14 Pro 800 with a MTNTK turbo that lost the ECU. Got another one that came off a 14 assault 800 and the speedo shows high by about 3 times I would guess. Plug another one in I have and shows normal. The RMK and Assault both have same part # for speedo pick up. All the programming numbers match up the same from ECU to ECU.
Dealer told me they can select if the sled has a chaincase or quickdrive when programming. They are not equal but 3 times is a bit much.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Does the Assault get its speedo pick up off the rotor like the RMK? I know they run different rotors. Its probably more like double off.

diamonddave

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Thieve Capital AKA Federal Way, WA.

This would be normal and expected. Chaincase Assault versus the Belt Drive on the Pro.

On the Pro Ride with factory Quickdrive, the speed sensor reads the holes in the brake disc of the jackshaft. The Assault brake disc is different than the Pro Ride.

If you want to use the Assault ECU and have correct speedo readings, you will need a different flash installed into the ECU or contact Loudhandle here on the forum for a speedo converter.

Premium Features