• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speed Shop Inc reviews

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
Anyone run any of their performance products? Curious because they are the only ones making anything for the m6000 as of now.

Thanks

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
This is just BDX isn't it?

Is it? I know they are affiliated with one another but I was under the impression they were two separate companies. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time! :face-icon-small-ton

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Erich and BDX are now a joint venture and are producing a heck of a lot of aftermarket parts for the Pro Climb. I've spoken with Erich several times and he is a great guy to deal with.

P
Nov 2, 2011
I bought a handful of parts from them c3 belt drive, y pipe, their lightweight hood and intake, and their adjustable weights for my 16 limited and everything has been great besides the hood. I ride too much deep powder to have the nose intake. Couldn't beat their price on black Friday. They are very reasonably priced and have good support.

N
I bought a handful of parts from them c3 belt drive, y pipe, their lightweight hood and intake, and their adjustable weights for my 16 limited and everything has been great besides the hood. I ride too much deep powder to have the nose intake. Couldn't beat their price on black Friday. They are very reasonably priced and have good support.

Did you do a full clutch kit or just the adjustable weights? How do you find it?

Ypipe do much for you without further exhaust mods?

P
Nov 2, 2011
I did the weights only so far. I'm going to do a new primary spring and helix though soon. Probably a speedwerx h5 spring. But I do like the weights so far haven't got to ride with them much yet. And still need to add more weight I think. But they are super adjustable. And the nice thing is you don't even have to remove them to change weight. Just take the primary cover off and you can get the magnets in or out. As for the y pipe I wanna say I noticed a little but it's hard saying.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Dont quote me on any of this... But to my knowledge BDX and SSI are separate companies working together. The guy that started SSI was part of Bikeman (One of the two original, or maybe the original guy who started bikeman) and is now for whatever reason "on his own". I havent heard alot about SSI other than some guys not getting stuff as early as expected, which for a brand new company with a ton of new products, doesn't surprise me.

C
Dec 12, 2011
Got to test out the new clutch kit last night and em not disappointed at all...have to to add a little more weight tonight but was tacking 8250-8350 consistently...highly recommended.

C
Dec 12, 2011
Chase is yours a 16? I wasn't aware they had a kit. I only saw the weights. What was included in your kit?

Yes mine is a 16, if u go to bdx website it's on page 3 of arctic cat accesories...the kit came with helix, primary and secondary springs and there adjustable weights

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
Yes mine is a 16, if u go to bdx website it's on page 3 of arctic cat accesories...the kit came with helix, primary and secondary springs and there adjustable weights

I just purchased the entire kit yesterday Glad to here its working great. I drove up there and picked up everything. Only worked with Eric a couple of times. But Jeff has always treated me right on parts and service.

P
Nov 2, 2011
Oh yeah I see the kit now they must have added that fairly recently. Well keep us informed of how it works I might get the rest of the kit. I'm really curious about their pipes. That titanium one is pretty tempting with 9 pounds weight loss and all the power they claim. Anyone try their steel or titanium pipe?

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
And yes goridedoo I believe you are correct about Erich from Bikeman teaming up with bdx for the ssi products. At least that is also what I heard.

that is correct Erich is Bikeman.....that was his nickname for years and he started Bikeman(BMP) after a fall out with share holders he has moved on to BDX and long time friend Jeff to form Speed Shop Inc (SSI)
two stand up guys.

now as for the new "Bikeman Performance".....not so much

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i have seen much better reviews of bikemans over the last 18 months that the years before,, before they always got trashed talked on forums but hear good as of late

Premium Features