• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spare Ignition Key

ultimax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Washington State
I bought a used 2019 Alpha w/electric start from a private owner and he only had one ignition key for it. Does anyone know what is needed in order to get a spare key for the sled? We have no local Arctic Cat dealer so I thought this forum might be a place to start. Is there an easy way to bypass the ignition switch in case I lost the key? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Have bypassed key using simple wet weather push button rubber covered switch from Napa. Mounted it down by steering post so it can’t be accidentally pushed in.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
I bought a used 2019 Alpha w/electric start from a private owner and he only had one ignition key for it. Does anyone know what is needed in order to get a spare key for the sled? We have no local Arctic Cat dealer so I thought this forum might be a place to start. Is there an easy way to bypass the ignition switch in case I lost the key? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Pull the cover off of the key, there is a number on it. You can call any dealer to get you one. Country Cat would be a good place to start if you are in the States.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I haven't looked closely but I'm pretty sure it's the same, you should be able to bypass it, there is no actual chip to the key...

ultimax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Washington State
Awesome,
Thanks for all the input. I guess my biggest concern was getting out of the mountains if the key gets lost while riding. It sounds like it's a non-issue since it will run by unplugging the hood harness. (y):)

A

an171

Nov 6, 2009
I am not running the stock gauge, using ns1 gauge, so don't think that would matter

Premium Features