• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spare Belt Storage

T

Toyotajoe

Dec 12, 2016
NL, Canada
Hey guys,

New member here and just picked up my 2017 M8000 LTD 153" last week. Planning to install the AC shovel bag and a Mountain Addiction spare gas container. I have the LTD 153" without electric start so hoping it will all fit back there...

As for the spare belt, I don't really want to have that kicking around in the rear bag. Has anyone found a suitable storage spot anywhere else? I don't mind working a little bit to get to it if the need arises - just don't want to lose space in the bag to a belt.

Thanks all...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
If you have an aftermarket can on your sled you can use velcro strips and mount it up to the chassis frame assembly in front of the can furthest forward you can get it above the belly pan.

B

butters77

Jan 29, 2009
Mellette SD
c22d9848bc9b6331b901d5a7e188e9ac.jpg

Yep, that's how I store mine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijstjohn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
North Idaho
Just out of curiosity did your Limited come with the small belt bag in addition to the shovel pack or just the shovel pack. If you move the velcro dividers you can use half for the belt and the other half for whatever but I agree it about not wanting to use up all that space with a belt. I also have a 17 limited and was looking at where to mount that shovel pack. Most I see are at the very end of the tunnel but as I looked at it I really didn't like the looks of it. As long as you don't put 50lbs worth of stuff in there it would be fine I'm sure but I just didn't like it sitting out on the back for some reason. Looked ok right behind the seat.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
It looks much closer than it actually is. Just riveted
on generic belt clip.

generic belt clip.

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
This setup works with a smaller can . I riveted a nylon strap in front of the belt bag . I then attached the belt bag to the strap and then attached the goggle bag to the belt bag . Its easy to access your belt as well as pack out your broken belt which often times is in pieces .

20161214_095522.jpg

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
This setup works with a smaller can . I riveted a nylon strap in front of the belt bag . I then attached the belt bag to the strap and then attached the goggle bag to the belt bag . Its easy to access your belt as well as pack out your broken belt which often times is in pieces .

I pretty much did the same thing as here, minus the goggle bag

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i put mine on the belt guard, fits nicely in a bit of a natural U shape stays a couple inches away from pipe with a zip tie or velcro strap going through the factory slots they put there.
But i think it only fits there with a cut back or removed upper side panel vent. that vent looked like it just blew down on the top of the clutch cover anyway (which doesnt have holes like older models) so i cut it back and drilled some holes in it for the the pipes heat to escape when i stop to let it cool for a minute.
I dont like to ride with the suitcase on the back always or i would just keep it in there.
whats a belt bag, i did not get one.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I have the Cat shovel bag also and when I got it I thought the little dividers were a joke. They are awesome, instead of having a bag full of jumbled crap all my stuff is nice and neat in order. I'm kinda ocd so it helps with that:) I have the double sided handle bar bag I keep my camera, gps, folding saw, and maps in, stuff I use all day long. In the seat bag I keep stuff I rarely use, spare belt, tools, one of those space blanket sleeping bags, tow kit, first aid and survival stuff. In the tunnel bag I keep 2 one liter drinks, spare gloves/goggles, goodies, my lunch and a few other little things I use often, and of course a shovel. This way I'm not digging through stuff I rarely use and know where the stuff is I do. I also wear a backpack but only carry a shovel in it, I hate lugging around 20 pounds on my back all day when the sled can carry it for me.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Just my opinion but when I kept a spare belt by the can or over the clutches it would only last half as long as if I kept it in the tunnel bag. I believe the heat off the can or clutches baked the belt and kills its life before you even put it on.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^my thought was keeping it in natural shape as possible and warm so it goes on easier and youre not romping on a cold stiff belt. the cat manual even says when its really cold to take your belt inside for the night, and re-install before riding but who does that...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
My belt is far enough away from my can that it doesn't get hot. Only warm. Definitely no where near as hot as when it's running on my sled!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Would this work for you mountain guys? Lots of us flat landers mount it to the inside of the side panel.

Where did you get that? I know I've seen them before. Part number?

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
I also run a Mountain addiction bag on the tunnel and a Cat belt can slid over the outside of the bag , The belt stays in place and i Have never lost one off the bag , Its a tight fit , But you just work the belt down the bag so it sits lower on the bag , Closer to the tunnel and it works good . Its nice cause you dont loose interior bag storage ...

Premium Features