• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spacers to center skis

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Does anyone have the part number for the expert ski spacers to center the ski up? I’m not seeing the number on the parts microfiche for 2020 sleds.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Skidoo didn't split them until this year. Polaris part number 5137847, been using them for years. Under $4 each. I have a set of four that I would sell, new. I bought them thinking that I would need them, but seeing as how Doo split the stockers this year, didn't need them.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Let me restate my question to, does anyone know the oem skidoo part number for the 2021 split spindle bushings? I’m aware of the other options, I don’t want to cut my set, or order iceage or Polaris aluminum spacers.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Or cut the stock skidoo in half with a hack saw.

If you do not want to cut your spacers in half, have a machinist make a set for you. Super easy to do!

If you do cut the OEM spacer in half, it would be best to do that on a lathe as to ensure a perpendicular cut. Then add an SAE washer of the same thickness as to what was removed during the cut. You can always put both halves on one side if you want to go back to stock!

Personally, and like IcutMet in post #7, I've always placed my spacers on the inside as to keep the ski stance narrow.

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You never asked the right question:
"Does anyone have the part number for the expert ski spacers to center the ski up? I’m not seeing the number on the parts microfiche for 2020 sleds."
It was posted that you would not find them on the 2020 fiche, because they did not exist in 2020.

R
Nov 16, 2016
Skidoo incorporated the ski spindle spacer so that we could offset the center of the skis one way or the other.
Many of us prefer the skis to be closer together...... hence the spacer to be located on the inside.
The realized effect is minimal, but none-the-less it does make a difference.

So here is my question for the group:
How much is to be gained by either splitting the OEM spacer, or by purchasing the 2 pc spacer?
Is this really worth the effort?

U
Oct 20, 2014
Skidoo incorporated the ski spindle spacer so that we could offset the center of the skis one way or the other.
Many of us prefer the skis to be closer together...... hence the spacer to be located on the inside.
The realized effect is minimal, but none-the-less it does make a difference.

So here is my question for the group:
How much is to be gained by either splitting the OEM spacer, or by purchasing the 2 pc spacer?
Is this really worth the effort?

At least +10hp.

Jokes aside, I split the OEM spacer on my XM and ran skis centered for a while, it made the sled feel slightly more stable but I didn't like the balance point as much, ended up going back to the narrow stance. On the 850 I haven't even thought about centering them.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
I like my skis narrow but im going to try it on my G4 centered, i think it might be a little more stable with still being able to get on edge and carve fairly easy. My father has his skis centered on his mountain cat and I like it ( not apples to apples I know ).

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Centered is by far my preference. It doesn't have anything to do with the space between the skis, it has to do with the "pull" from a skl that is not centered on it's mounting point. Like running 14 wide wheels with huge offset on my F350, it handles like crap. Bumps make it pull side to side. When I ran centered 10 wides on the same truck it handled like a dream. Same with centered skis.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
Cut them with a pipe cutter with the little pizza slicer wheels in them, doesn't remove any material that way and you don't need to shim with washers. I like mine centered, seems like less feedback when sidehilling through other tracks.

Premium Features