• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Some pre Niel Peart Rush for ya.

Trukker

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
High River Ab
Wow Polz you call Nickleback good but don't enjoy Rush?I'm with ya on Tool probably one of my fav's but for three guys that could produce that kinda sound in the 70's was and are amazing musicians.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
HAHAHA Nickleback...

We also have a station that does not play nickleback. freddie kruger, or whatever his face is the worst... LOL
Barton, WORD!

Neil Peart is the finest drummer. PERIOD. a true musician.

I was a huge rush fan, but kinda fell away after presto.

I did see their last concert, snakes and Arrows. They all 3 are still machines.

Geddy has a ponch now...LOL

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
pour-one-out.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Let's post our favorite Rush album, and why.

For me it's Signals.

Our radio stations around here sucked until the late 80's
We were inundated with the sounds of REO, Hall & Oates, Loverboy, Journey, Huey Lewis etc. You get the picture.
I literally wore out countless Alice Cooper, Boston & Pink Floyd 8 track tapes to avoid listening to the radio.
So Signals was my first exposure to Rush & it kinda stuck as my go to CD when I want a Rush fix.

C
Nov 29, 2008
PinkFloyd

Credence
Zepplinn
AC/DC
Old Metallica ( everthing after "And Justice" is garbage)
Slayer
Pantera
Machinehead
pearl jam
Clutch

TOOL (Probably my all time favorite besides Maybe Pinlk Flyod)

and too many more old ones to bother mentioning I even like some of the new stuff even though its not timeless like some of the above.

Nickleback
5 finger deathpunch
slipknot
3 doors down
breaking benjamin

I have seen almost all of these in concert including Rush and Iron maiden . Those are about the only two I could not get drunk enough to enjoy! Well except the year Snop dog was on the lalpolooza tour! WTF is all I have to say about that. I went to the beer garden

I am just busting your balls so dont get your panties in a bunch! If you like gayty lee and the band right on! but I cant stand them !

Ha ha ha.
Nickleback ...more like Brokeback ....RUSH is far superior in all regards!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
PinkFloyd

Credence
Zepplinn
AC/DC
Old Metallica ( everthing after "And Justice" is garbage)
Slayer
Pantera
Machinehead
pearl jam
Clutch

TOOL (Probably my all time favorite besides Maybe Pinlk Flyod)

and too many more old ones to bother mentioning I even like some of the new stuff even though its not timeless like some of the above.

Nickleback
5 finger deathpunch
slipknot
3 doors down
breaking benjamin

I have seen almost all of these in concert including Rush and Iron maiden . Those are about the only two I could not get drunk enough to enjoy! Well except the year Snop dog was on the lalpolooza tour! WTF is all I have to say about that. I went to the beer garden

I am just busting your balls so dont get your panties in a bunch! If you like gayty lee and the band right on! but I cant stand them !

I agreed with ya until ya typed nickleback...seriously one of the worst bands ever! I appreciate how talented rush is especially Neil, but man I could never stand the singing, and every song sounds the same. Rush has always been nails on a chalkboard to my ears...RIP Neil, you were one of the best drummers ever. Ginger Baker and John Bonham are glad to see you again!

Premium Features