• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SOLD

R
Sep 15, 2010
Vortex X10 ECU with handlebar switch, original paperwork and box. ECU was on an 18 FE501 for 1,000 miles 22hrs. Bike ran flawless with this ECU. ECU will fit 17-18 FE501 and 17-18 500EXC, unsure on the 19's. Check Vortex's website for fitment

$450 offer shipped to lower 48

Last edited:
R
Sep 15, 2010
Tell me more. I have a EXC500, what would this ECU do for me?

This ECU will correct the lean fueling issue the 500's have in stock form, due to emissions requirements. ECU is meant to be used with open intake and open exhaust. Also, gives you the ability to switch between 2 of the 10 maps from the handlebar switch.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
This ECU will correct the lean fueling issue the 500's have in stock form, due to emissions requirements. ECU is meant to be used with open intake and open exhaust. Also, gives you the ability to switch between 2 of the 10 maps from the handlebar switch.

Mine has ran great and the lean popping is gone once the pollution lines were plugged. Also runs great at all altitudes. I was wondering if the ECU provided any extra HP or torque? I guess more air and then more fuel would make a difference. So probably not something a bike used for dual purpose would benefit from as it would be much louder?

R
Sep 15, 2010
Mine has ran great and the lean popping is gone once the pollution lines were plugged. Also runs great at all altitudes. I was wondering if the ECU provided any extra HP or torque? I guess more air and then more fuel would make a difference. So probably not something a bike used for dual purpose would benefit from as it would be much louder?

I do not know the exact power difference between stock vs open intake/exhaust with ECU. I never rode my bike in stock form, I fired it up once to hear it sound like an XR100 at idle, then took all the garbage off and started over. I do know there are pretty big gains once the intake tract is opened up and the exhaust is uncorked, too much for the stock ECU. If you do a little internet searching on the Vortex ECU, you will find out that intake, exhaust and ECU will transform your bike, 12 or more HP. The EPA has made KTM and Husky neuter these bikes for the street, it's a shame.

Last edited:
Premium Features