• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So, no big launch?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Very disappointing to say the least. No specifications, no tech videos, and no "very important" special admin post here on the SnoWest forum.

They still sold out today though. So I guess there's no point in spending marketing money to inform your potential customers on a product that they'll buy anyway.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I guess they are willing to just let the new 600 speak for itself when the time comes. Not very exciting but likely all they can do at this point. Action not words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
hmmmm as long time cat guy,im pretty sure they have now lost me.was hoping for a new big engine in the catalyst.when i upgrade my 2020 ill be looking at doo.

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
i mean seriously.what are they doing for the mountain guys?its proven with doo and polaris that their sponsored/ambassador riders are a huge influence.i mean cat has old duffers speaking up the trail sleds.black cats?what are they doing to really showcase the mountain side.no offense to the "old duffers" i am one myself but i have zero interest in ripping trails or lakes.they seem to really focus on that.idk,their mountain lineup started losing me years ago and now a new chassis with a 600,that will not sway 850t,900r riders to switch.again am i missing what the "blackcats" are doing to push and promote?is Andy Beavus still crashing sidexsides or wtf is going on....

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Mtn guys on social media made it perfectly clear they’re not interested in a 600 so why not put what very little marketing cat does do towards the market that will buy a 600? That would make sense, although I think it’s more of cat doing cat and just failing to market anything. I heard they sold out in like an hour so it must have been enough or they are doing a very limited run

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not sure how many they are producing but I heard they sold out at 1030 this morning

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
I'm not sure how many they are producing but I heard they sold out at 1030 this morning
thats just the guys with money to burn,to have the new chassis.i have that money to burn.but zero interest in a 600,when the competition has 850t and 900."oh the 600 runs like a 800"in the new chassis....ok sure

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I guess the way I look at it is if the new bigger motor isn't quite ready and they released it and had problems then everyone would b!tch about that. No matter what anyone or any company does almost everyone is going to b!tch about something it's just the world we live in today.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Fuggin joke. I'm an average rider and I actually want a 600. Been on Polaris for the past 25 years and am ready to jump ship. I would've loved to try out the catalyst. Maybe they gave Yamaha rights to it for this year too but I'm sure that's a far stretch. Sad deal.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I guess the way I look at it is if the new bigger motor isn't quite ready and they released it and had problems then everyone would b!tch about that. No matter what anyone or any company does almost everyone is going to b!tch about something it's just the world we live in today.

And cat can’t afford to have a failed release. The internet won’t let them live it down like they do the constant failures from poo for some reason

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
wonder how many dealers bought a few extra under other names so that they could have some inventory to mark up later. gotta figure they arent gonna sell many ascenders

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I ordered a catalyst for my daughter because, yes, i wanted to try it and see for myself. I had intentions of a 650 kaos slash matryx with 7s. This was cheaper and looks awesome. It appears to have fixed every gripe I've had with cat. I also think the 2.6 146 will be a awesome sled for her. So my main reason was i like trying stuff for myself and not asking people what works. I am the least brand loyal person in the world.
My buddy told me he didn't think cat was letting Yamaha have the catalyst.

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Fuggin joke. I'm an average rider and I actually want a 600. Been on Polaris for the past 25 years and am ready to jump ship. I would've loved to try out the catalyst. Maybe they gave Yamaha rights to it for this year too but I'm sure that's a far stretch. Sad deal.

Dealers were still allocated additional sleds, you can call to see if they are all spoken for..

Premium Features