• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

SO MAD! 17 PRO RMK AXYS 800 SEIZED.

Nov 20, 2014
Looking for info, threads, help.....
- 1/31/19 I purchased a 2017 Pro Rmk Axys 800 155", 864 miles.
- Road 36 miles first weekend.

- Last Sat: warmed up properly, road 15 mins on/off throttle, great snow, etc..
- 30ish mph, throttle 1/4 - 1/2, maybe 2500-3k rpms

- NO CLANGING, NO KABOOM, NO LIGHTS, NO WARNING...….JUST SHUT DOWN.

- Pull cord will not pull - Primary will not budge, turn, move.....seized.

Any help, suggestion, experiences welcome...…
Dammit.

Gonzo

sledhed

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I would be mad too... sorry to hear that!

Any warranty left? Call your friendly local dealer with your VIN and find out.

Even if it has run out, Polaris *might* do a "goodwill" fix depending on circumstances... sled must be stock basically (exhaust etc.), so put stock pipe / can back on it and swing by your friendly local dealer for a "diagnosis" and you might get lucky...

Pull plugs and see if there is any aluminum on them etc. for starters.

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I'd pull plugs and check cylinders and possibly use a wooden dowel with a little persuasion to see if you can get the engine to rotate.

I've also had had starter assembly pawl break and cause similar problem in the past.

Good luck in sorting things out.

Dec 28, 2018
Its not common for the 800's to lock up like that... maby the old owner dumped in a river or something... strange to buy it and just lock up... but its prob under warrenty still...

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Until you (or your preferred shop) tears the motor apart it’s very hard to help diagnose.

sledhed

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
So I've heard about the un-common-ness. Somebody's gotta get lucky.
So, what was the results once you opened it up? And/or was it still under warranty (dealer can check by VIN), or possibly a goodwill fix (if your dealer can get them to do it)?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Post a face pic of the guy who sold it to you. Just by looks alone, Snowesters will be able to judge if he knowingly sold junk.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

May 24, 2012
Start with checking the oil lines to make sure nothing obvious with the oil delivery. Before rushing to disassemble the engine for a peak at the pistons which normally doesn't provide a definite root cause, take the time to leak test the engine for the crank seals and head o-rings. A head leak is tough to find when the engine isn't running, so it takes special effort.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ya, you better do a leakdown test or Dan will lose his chit again.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features