• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowtrax Lester sisters.......

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

You guys should really watch the whole video. It is true what he says about weight but I can't believe all his test riders would pick the Polaris as not everyone wants the same things. I ride my friends turbo FreeRide and it sucks up bumps like no others. Some like their dealer, some like their Shot starter. We all care about different things and some would still pick the Ski-doo even if riding sea level all day, every day.

F
Aug 18, 2013
That video is so dumb it hurt my brain. What’s the point of comparing dry weight? No runs their sled dry. Why not compare weight after being ridden in snow? And all of the b.s. about the turbo not doing anything until 7000ft is stupid. Man AJ is a retard.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I like how they said the doo makes less power than the NA at sea level and arbitrarily picked 155hp?! I don't have a turbo but everyone I've talked with said it feels stronger than the NA even at low elevation. And then say "conservatively" the poo makes 168!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

You guys should really watch the whole video. It is true what he says about weight but I can't believe all his test riders would pick the Polaris as not everyone wants the same things. I ride my friends turbo FreeRide and it sucks up bumps like no others. Some like their dealer, some like their Shot starter. We all care about different things and some would still pick the Ski-doo even if riding sea level all day, every day.

As a Polaris guy- that review is terrible.

I rode a Doo Turbo this weekend just briefly, but wow wow wow.

They can do worthless ass math all day, bottom line is- it does not feel one pound heavier than the Polaris. Yes weight matters 100%, and the Doo would absolutely be a better sled if it were 50lbs lighter, but it is not fair to tear it apart for its weight when the thing rides and feels as light as any sled on the market.

The turbo is incredible, I was not prepared for how seamlessly and perfectly it runs. The bottom end is so crisp, and the boost comes on in a way that ALMOST makes the thing feel N/A. IMO this motor/turbo package has been grossly UNDER hyped. It runs miles better than any aftermarket turbo I've rode.

Most mountain riders don't ride above 7k feet? What? 80% of US mountain market (huge) is above 7k feet. Litterally all of CO, WY, UT, and a good part of ID and MT. And I know most guys buying Summits in Canada are buying them primarily to ride 5-8K. They aren't targeting guys riding under 5k, so why even mention it?

Just throwing it out there... I still HATE the twitchy steering on the Doo, they need to fix that chit.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
As a Polaris guy- that review is terrible.

I rode a Doo Turbo this weekend just briefly, but wow wow wow.

They can do worthless ass math all day, bottom line is- it does not feel one pound heavier than the Polaris. Yes weight matters 100%, and the Doo would absolutely be a better sled if it were 50lbs lighter, but it is not fair to tear it apart for its weight when the thing rides and feels as light as any sled on the market.

The turbo is incredible, I was not prepared for how seamlessly and perfectly it runs. The bottom end is so crisp, and the boost comes on in a way that ALMOST makes the thing feel N/A. IMO this motor/turbo package has been grossly UNDER hyped. It runs miles better than any aftermarket turbo I've rode.

Most mountain riders don't ride above 7k feet? What? 80% of US mountain market (huge) is above 7k feet. Litterally all of CO, WY, UT, and a good part of ID and MT. And I know most guys buying Summits in Canada are buying them primarily to ride 5-8K. They aren't targeting guys riding under 5k, so why even mention it?

Just throwing it out there... I still HATE the twitchy steering on the Doo, they need to fix that chit.
If you are stuck the weight matters. In Western Canada we rarely get above 7000'. In the trees the turbo rarely spools. They should have more pointed out that you need the right tool for the job. Polaris and Doo are different tools for different jobs.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
A marketing video from last spring. Take it for what it’s worth. But there is nothing about 30lbs extra for turbo, no shot of “155” hp as in Snowtrax video. In fact you can clearly read 0ft 165hp as the graphic starts to play.

Also Polaris does not advertise Hp anywhere after their 800 Dragon de-tuning days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I just watched the shootout video. I really wish I didnt.. Doo turbo 850 at 155hp haha.
The weight matters I agree, but hop on a doo 850 and tell me it feels heavy.. They just plain don't feel heavy..

I wish they would just say they are paid more by Polaris, at least then they wouldn't look so stupid.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A marketing video from last spring. Take it for what it’s worth. But there is nothing about 30lbs extra for turbo, no shot of “155” hp as in Snowtrax video. In fact you can clearly read 0ft 165hp as the graphic starts to play.

Also Polaris does not advertise Hp anywhere after their 800 Dragon de-tuning days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The G4 N/A we raced against the turbo at 6000 ft beat the turbo by a couple lengths on a lake run. I assume that supports the lower hp number of the turbo but also I assume if the race was longer the turbo would have passed the stock G4? Traction plays a role in these things too so maybe it just didn't hook up as well?

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
The G4 N/A we raced against the turbo at 6000 ft beat the turbo by a couple lengths on a lake run. I assume that supports the lower hp number of the turbo but also I assume if the race was longer the turbo would have passed the stock G4? Traction plays a role in these things too so maybe it just didn't hook up as well?

Who cares about a lake run. I have been riding a turbo at 8-10,000ft this year and it is a game changer. Definitely spools in the trees and way more track speed than N/A

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Who cares about a lake run. I have been riding a turbo at 8-10,000ft this year and it is a game changer. Definitely spools in the trees and way more track speed than N/A
Come on, "Who cares about a lake run?" Anyone who paid thousands more to upgrade to the turbo, that's who. Hands down it should be no contest.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Exactly....my 21 T850 is night and day difference over my 18 850 at 1850' elevation, let alone 6000,8000 or 10000'. I dont think the Lester sisters understand that people swap sleds in their riding groups. I have rode my friends 20 800 and 21 840 Axys and they are great sleds, but the clean running, linear power of a TEtec is undeniable.
My 2021 sleds are so much more powerful and better running than my 18 sleds were. And not turbos. Cannot compare a 2021 (turbo or not) to an 18.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
My point exactly. I don't think most t-850guys are realizing how close the new N/A sleds are. In some ways even better. And talking all brands.
2020 Expert and 2021 T850 Expert are not even in the same category. Calling a 40hp gain over the NA version insignificant is just plain retarded. Is there a difference in power between a 600 RMK and an 850?, my guess is about 40HP. I see tons of 600's in the mountain.....lol, I mean according to your rationale they have the same capabilities, right?

Last edited:
Premium Features