• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowtech MX and TS Raw Review.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
First time riding a snowbike for us. Got to demo The snowtech Mx kit and a TS raw.

The TS raw was on a husky 350. For the price value and a first time snowbiker you cant beat it. I was very surprised at how well the 350 did with that kit. Im used to the ts ski so I felt most at home on this bike.

The other Bikes were Honda 450, ktm 500 and Berg 650 all running the snowtech. They all had yeti skis. I hate that ski with a passion. It was like it had a mind of its own, violently darting everywhere I went.
Once the snow started to warm up it got slightly better but this skis gives you twice the arm pump the ts does.

I wish the snowtech would of had a ts ski on it so I could of given a better review but its hard to ride the bike hard when you dont trust the front end.

But even tho I was death gripped, you can clearly tell the snowtech skid with the third shock is the golden ticket. It rode like a caddy. Great travel and it just hooked up everywhere I went. I loved riding the ktm 500 and the 650 with this kit. The honda I wasn't to impressed with and had more fun on the 350 husky.

The quality of the snowtech is top notch and the owner/support crew is great to talk to. A really well thought out kit.

Coming from sleds and Snowhawks bikes are different than what I thought it was going to be. They are harder to turn than my hawk. They sit higher. And are almost harder to get tipped back up right.

But it is EXTREMELY nice to be able to tractor threw the tress and pick your lines without having to be going mock 90 like on the hawk. And I was amazed at the speed it can carry in the trees. It honestly was about as fast if not faster 80% of the time than my hawk.

IMG_20170311_121336115_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170311_114652181_HDR.jpg

I am to dumb to get the youtube video embeded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1HcY5NWFR0&t=169s

M
Jan 14, 2004
In any kind of snow at all over 6" deep the Yeti ski rules but in setup snow it blows. A guy needs both skis for the entire season of riding.

M5

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That was a very good video , I like how you actually pulled threw the trees . It showed where these kits work and a person that knows how they work .

Most videos I've seen don't truly show what you just did :thumb:

As far as the Yeti ski goes I'm surprised they even ran them in that condition , that's suicide . It's a deep powder king or groomed trail speed freak , luckily it didn't beat you to death :face-icon-small-hap

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
That was a very good video , I like how you actually pulled threw the trees . It showed where these kits work and a person that knows how they work .

Most videos I've seen don't truly show what you just did :thumb:

As far as the Yeti ski goes I'm surprised they even ran them in that condition , that's suicide . It's a deep powder king or groomed trail speed freak , luckily it didn't beat you to death :face-icon-small-hap

Us nutts crew arent afraid to pound some trees. Especially when its with some brand new demo bikes :face-icon-small-coo.

I was thinking of trying to talk my wife into a bike kit. Maybe a cr 250 with a raw or mototrax. After riding them im not so sure. My lower back and kidneys still havent forgiving me. I must of been goon riding the whole time with horrible form ha.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
In any kind of snow at all over 6" deep the Yeti ski rules but in setup snow it blows. A guy needs both skis for the entire season of riding.

M5

This, or not get out of bed until sun has turned the hard stuff to mush. And the Yeti ski is a rocket ship on a nice groomed trail.

Anyways, great to see a SNOWTECH MX thread!

Premium Features