• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobiling in Gaylord

M

meoget

Nov 9, 2014
Keweenaw
Anyone up for some snowmobiling in Gaylord tomorrow (2.9.15)? Will be up there for the day, maybe longer if having fun.

M

meoget

Nov 9, 2014
Keweenaw
It's actually not terrible. Some snow on the way in, but the trails in town are pretty ripped up. Saw the groomer out, and things were relatively smooth after he went by. I'm spending a day or so, in Gaylord to kind of test the sled. So far, so good. If all goes well, I'm heading North within a couple days.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
If you head 2 hours north you will find a bunch of snow starting around rudyard area and anything west of there. The sault got a good amount of snow so far. The snow banks alongside the roads are about mid windshield height on my super duty.

M

meoget

Nov 9, 2014
Keweenaw
Wow! It's so much nicer on the trails in the upper. I headed a bit west, to Manistique, and it's fantastic. I really like it up here, but I may not get to spend the 3 weeks snowmobiling like I planned. The fuel/oil consumption on this 900 is getting to be a bit of a burden on the wallet!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Wow! It's so much nicer on the trails in the upper. I headed a bit west, to Manistique, and it's fantastic. I really like it up here, but I may not get to spend the 3 weeks snowmobiling like I planned. The fuel/oil consumption on this 900 is getting to be a bit of a burden on the wallet!

What do you have for a helix on your secondary clutch?

M

meoget

Nov 9, 2014
Keweenaw
I'm not sure. I am assuming it is stock.
I actually had to come back home. The sled started "popping" in low throttle situations and got progressively worse throughout the day. Changed spark plugs and separated the wires with an automotive insulator clip, but that didn't help. Going to check some things tomorrow and see if I can get back out before I have to go back to work.

Premium Features