Snowmobile Insurance with Off Road Recovery.

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have always had my snowmobiles insured with State Farm. It has been 20 years since I filed a claim. I ride the backcountry and had asked my agent years ago if my policy covers off road recovery and I was told that if the sled had physical damage they would pay for any recovery charges. Now today I took out a policy on my new sled and asked about the off road recovery and I was told they do not offer it anymore. So what insurance companies offer off road recovery protection. I read the fine print on some policies and the sled had to be within 100 ft of the road which is a total joke. I’d even pay extra for a policy that paid for real backcountry extraction for any reason be it physical damage or mechanical issue. So do any companies offer this? Thanks

tribalbc

Premium Member
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
I was looking into insurance in BC this fall and came across a policy underwrote by Lloyd's of London that would insure against anything for declared value. For instance if you said your sled was worth 15000 and your deductible was $500. If it would cost less than $14500 to heli lift your sled out than that is what they would do
More than that and you get the check for $14500.
Cost was $600 CAD. I opted out in the end as were I live I only was really looking for recovery insurance and helis have a flat rate of a grand for a sled. So it was sort of 6 of one a half dozen of the other.

Premium Features