• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile dolly? Which one works best?

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
I'm in the market for a shop dolly for my 97 Rmk. I have to take my sleds around my house to get to my shed so I need one that has fairly wide tires to go over lawn and drain rock. I noticed that their are several makes so I was hoping you guys could give me feedback on which make and model has great reviews. Thanks.

psychoneurosis

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2008
Longmont CO
www.psychoneurosisracing.com
Built my own out of 2x6, carriage bolts and the biggest casters I could find at Lowes. They were like $20 per caster

They work FAR better than the off the shelf set that I had previously bought and now that I have them I use them for a TON of other stuff. The Landcruiser I have been working on is now on them and easily moved around the garage

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Big thumbs up for the Timbersled wheels. I have drove them down the road on the front of the heavy roadbike just to see how well they hold up 35-40mph on gravel with studder bumps and they do just fine. Allot of guys use them on the snowbikes and sleds to get to the snow in the spring as well mud gravel shop they work in any place I have tried them.

Spendy yes but it will be the last set of wheels you will ever have to buy.

The only cons to them I am going to add a rear strap for reverse.

DSC00272.jpg

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Are the tires fairly big on that and are the air or solid?

The tires 10" and are air filled, note the gravel it is rolling on.
why bust your back to load a sled on a old fashioned wheeled ski style dolly..
The easiest way to move or your sled on gravel ,dirt, or uneven concrete..

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Here's what we use. I fabbed it out of some scrap steel we had laying around so alot of it is complete overkill. But it does have enough steel to even lift a Apex :) Works good, balance point is near perfect, next one we build will have the handle angle a bit higher as we hit the seat sooner than I'd like and can only get about 2-3" of clearance from the ground when the machine is level in the air.

Bar under the machine is loose and slides into a couple pieces of channel. Have a few layers of hose around the tube to just hit the chassis.

We also have a Sno Stuff dolly with the arms that come in...on any of our XP's/XR's it lifts by the plastic and sure flexs around in there alot. Refuse to lift any of our machines with that dolly.

Working on a set of drawings to refab another one this summer.

IMG_0028 resize.jpg

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So I wanted to give a update and review of the snowmobile dolly I chose. We went with the cyclopsmotor sports dolly which he advertised on this post. I chose this one because it folded up which I thought would be a great option for storage. On arrival I noticed that the dolly looked to be in used condition and had rust spots and lots of scratches. I don't mind some scratches but it was obvious it had been used and cheap rattle can paint. I had to hammer off the wheels since they were locked on soo tight from shipping. As far as craftsmanship this dolly is very cheaply made and we figured in materials it was 40 bucks. I'm sure most of you already knew that considering you fabricated your own. As far a function the dolly works decent but no better then any other models. I paid over $200 and yes I was ripped off, he refunded me $70 which was nice but he still made a profit on that. Over all my suggestion is don't buy this product because I've seen much better quality from other dollys for the same price.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
So I wanted to give a update and review of the snowmobile dolly I chose. We went with the cyclopsmotor sports dolly which he advertised on this post. I chose this one because it folded up which I thought would be a great option for storage. On arrival I noticed that the dolly looked to be in used condition and had rust spots and lots of scratches. I don't mind some scratches but it was obvious it had been used and cheap rattle can paint. I had to hammer off the wheels since they were locked on SO tight from shipping. As far as craftsmanship this dolly is very cheaply made and we figured in materials it was 40 bucks. I'm sure most of you already knew that considering you fabricated your own. As far a function the dolly works decent but no better then any other models. I paid over $200 and yes I was ripped off, he refunded me $70 which was nice but he still made a profit on that. Over all my suggestion is don't buy this product because I've seen much better quality from other dollys for the same price.

Here ya are spencer..
I'm sorry you feel that way. I tried to make you happy and offered to give you all your $$ back.But you decided to keep it???
Of course someone can make something like this for less money. But your not paying for materials. your paying for the design and a product.
I was very clear that the units where painted and not powder coated. I also mentioned we where powder coating the next run.
That seams to be your only real issue. We are in buisness, so yes we want to make a profit.. Imagine that. there is alot more than $40.00 in design, labor and materials in this unit. You dont realise that something that cost 10.00 to build ends up costing the customer 40??
There are some customers that just are not worth dealing with and you sir are one of those.
Us vendors need a black list. I would only have one entry.. guess who...
We have a great name and have thousands of very happy customers around the globe. As well as many who are using this dolly and very happy.
This is really the first issue we have ever had with a customer such as your self. Maybe I should post your emails??
You where not ripped off.You got more than a fair deal, but yet here you are slamming us.
Please send it back for a refund
Your an old grumpy guy..
Cheers
Darryl

Last edited:
S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Don't get all bent out of shape I have every right to give my opinion of the quality of your product. If your dolly was such a great product you wouldn't be so defensive. Fact is its cheaply made and way over priced. I mean zip ties and foam? Rust? And wheels had to be hammered off? I think anyone would be pissed if they paid 200.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Don't get all bent out of shape I have every right to give my opinion of the quality of your product. If your dolly was such a great product you wouldn't be so defensive. Fact is its cheaply made and way over priced. I mean zip ties and foam? Rust? And wheels had to be hammered off? I think anyone would be pissed if they paid 200.

Im not bent out of shape. You simply are not realistic.We sold almost 100 of these units at sled shows last year.. I dont hear anyone else complaining.
you did not pay 200 you paid 130 including shipping. they sold at the shows for 199.95
You then said that we ripped you off. Hows that? I offered to give you all your $$ back. You decided to keep the POS dolly hmmm.. must work pretty good.
tell me how many other rip off companies would do that.

Its basically slander.. so you might want to think about that statment

C
Dec 18, 2007
the question still remains...which shop dolly works best? I'm trying to find one that will be sturdy for moving mtn sleds around the garage. I've tried the SPI Big Wheel Dolly but to me it seems that the load is too much for those BMX style tires as well as the dolly itself...just my opinion. So I'm returning that one. What do the shops use? Unfortunately I don't have the skills, time or tools to make fabricate one before winter.

Premium Features