• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Member Comments on "Letter to All Members"

Status
Not open for further replies.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I think there is more people talking about leaving then there are leaving, and even so people aren't going to leave for good, it's to interesting to see if it fails so they will keep poking there heads in if they see things are coming along still they will be back.

Yeah I have to think you are right on this one. I think the numbers prove it:

Most users ever online was 7,603, Yesterday at 10:25 PM

Hmmm.

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO

Hmmm.
Right about the time the servers tanked.
Most likely not a true accounting of actual numbers but a function of the hardware/software error.Most of the sub-forums that I frequent are ghost towns.
Peak activity follows predictable patterns. Like after a wide spread snow storm, during weekends and holidays. But not at 10:25 on a monday night with only a handful of areas even rideable. Just a glitch. Proves Christopher is correct on one point. The site needs new hardware.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.

Hmmm.

thats true b u l l s h i t there. the site was down about that time. plus i don't know what the he!! peeps were looking at because there is'nt a usful post on here in weeks

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
thats true b u l l s h i t there. the site was down about that time. plus i don't know what the he!! peeps were looking at because there is'nt a usful post on here in weeks

I don't know about the numbers, but what I do know is that watching my Treadmill all throughout the day/night, there are lots of posts that others are finding useful in areas ALL over this place. It's moving along, and not at a standstill, and people are getting info, and giving info. So maybe not anything that you are interested in, but definitely what some others are. :beer;

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
come on catwomen. this should be one of the busiest times of the year. used to be 2-3 pages aday in fouled plug and general. now we ary lucky to get 1 page or a half a page. you take out the complaining threads and then you are very limited to threads. it seems no regulars besides the 50 mods are even around. granted the economy my have cut some sledder out but this place isn't anything it was even last year

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Christopher,

Thank you for your time. I don't like the fact that you're refusing to answer questions while asking for money nonetheless, I think the following questions are relevant for members considering how they'll vote with their dollar, as you put it.

Do you have any ownership stakes in this forum now or expected to in the future?

Do you have any ownership in the Magazine?

Will this site and AVOW be sharing the same servers?

Please answer truthfully and I'll go away from this thread.

As will I.
Although it should be fairly simple to find the answer to that question once the change over is completed for a person of high quality geekieness.:rolleyes:

To me it's irrelevant whether Chris has any stake in the Mag or even the forum.
I'm sure his paycheck...at least the one he gets from Harris Publishing will be determined by the outcome of the profits from the site don't you?

He has Started to answer some repeated (ad nausea) concerns but until this morning's revelation about AVOW and it's need for new servers and a paid customer base came to light I found (Without really wanting to) a whole new reason to question his motives.
While I know the church itself would never run a business like his website on their own on moral grounds I don't begrudge the man for trying to make a profit from people's religious beliefs.
Religious and non-religious people do that every day.
I just do not want my money to help support that goal.
It's just a personal thing to me.

So the question, now that I've calmed myself down, is this...

Are the two sites to be sharing the same new servers that you are requesting we help you buy and if so...Does Harris Publishing realize this is taking place?

Respectfully...AR.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
AR,

To me, this info IS relevant. If we're being asked to help the site, then don't we have the right to know exactly WHO we're helping?

A true salesman/leader should do everything to not lose a potential customer.

N
Nov 26, 2007
northern ca.
It's all becoming a little more clear now.

I emailed the subscription dept. and have yet to receive an answer to a question that I saw addressed to Chris earlier but was never answered:

My subscription is now due. Will I receive a credit or refund on my magazine subscription if later I join this pay to play crap for the forum.

This you would think should be an easy question to receive an answer for............I guess not.

HP check me out
customer#

Last edited:
B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
As will I.
Although it should be fairly simple to find the answer to that question once the change over is completed for a person of high quality geekieness.:rolleyes:

To me it's irrelevant whether Chris has any stake in the Mag or even the forum.
I'm sure his paycheck...at least the one he gets from Harris Publishing will be determined by the outcome of the profits from the site don't you?

He has Started to answer some repeated (ad nausea) concerns but until this morning's revelation about AVOW and it's need for new servers and a paid customer base came to light I found (Without really wanting to) a whole new reason to question his motives.
While I know the church itself would never run a business like his website on their own on moral grounds I don't begrudge the man for trying to make a profit from people's religious beliefs.
Religious and non-religious people do that every day.
I just do not want my money to help support that goal.
It's just a personal thing to me.

So the question, now that I've calmed myself down, is this...

Are the two sites to be sharing the same new servers that you are requesting we help you buy and if so...Does Harris Publishing realize this is taking place?

Respectfully...AR.

Well today answered a lot of questions for me, with the information that has been posted. For personal reasons I will not pay for either the magazine anymore, or a subscription to the "new and improved" snowest forum. Harris publishing made a bad move by allowing their religious beliefs get in the way of their professional obligations.......IMO of course.

So everyone that sticks around, Will they have to be referred to as "Brother"?

Just asking........:D:eek::rolleyes:

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
Wow, you guys sure are taking the high road.

I'll answer - you're wrong. I doubt my answer will satisfy you, though.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
DSP81..... You shall from now on refer to me as "Brother MtnDoo of the SnoWestians", with little birds and violin songs in the background (non-gay).

Or else!!!!!!

....um... or else, I'll make you say you love Redline Snowmobiles 100x fast!

;-)

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
DSP81..... You shall from now on refer to me as "Brother MtnDoo of the SnoWestians", with little birds and violin songs in the background (non-gay).

Or else!!!!!!

....um... or else, I'll make you say you love Redline Snowmobiles 100x fast!

;-)
A non sequitur. I'd expect nothing less from you.

jokes-funny-bunny-pancake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features