• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest 2021 Trailer: WHICH BRAND TRAILER should I buy this time around??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My concern was that it was a steel trailer and the painting/sealing of the bottom of the trailer didn't seem to be that great.
I have yet to see any trailer that has the undercariage PROPERLY prepared!
For crying out loud, the dang thing needs to be sprayed with a BEDLINER material of some sort or another to completely SEAL IT UP.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
A Look trailer might be worth considering.......they seem to be very focused on quality....
I had problems with my 2017 Look trailer. Screws wore holes in the roof tin the seams in the floor did not line up one was 1/4 inch higher than the other and another seam was about an 1/8" higher than the other. I look at the floor beams and they where tilted so thats what was pushing the seams up. The factory told them to grind the floor seams down to make it even verses fixing the real problem. The paint also started to wear off the aluminum side tin and the tung paint was flaking off after about a year.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
WOW
Clearly she is built to haul Yamahas!!:):)
I'm sure ur 1/2ton is rated for 10k plus towing so, no worries on overweight trailers.
A lot of people don't realize that today's half tons are rated higher for towing than the older 1tons......

Sent it

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm sure ur 1/2ton is rated for 10k plus towing so, no worries on overweight trailers.
A lot of people don't realize that today's half tons are rated higher for towing than the older 1tons......

Sent it
Oh I am sure she could pull it.
just surprised at how HEAVY that short trailer weighs...

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
What??? There is always that guy driving a dodge pulling a 30' trailer and he is getting 18mpg doing 85 down the interstate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
What??? There is always that guy driving a dodge pulling a 30' trailer and he is getting 18mpg doing 85 down the interstate.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Classic! Our 2018 2500 Cummins gets 9mpg pulling that short Logan.... It's a workout!

Premium Features