• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck Options that INCLUDE Safety Devices

Would you add a Safety Device to your Snowcheck purchase if you had the option?

• Total voters

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
If your preferred manufacturer had an OPTION to INLCUDE A BEACON/AVY PACK/Etc at the time of snowcheck....Would you add it?!

I would

Discussion on why or why this may not work? Is any mfg already doing it? Or has this already been discussed?

Snowcheck a new sled, get a new beacon, sell old sled and beacon to buyer

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
New riders, it would be awesome. Me, not so much. I have all the stuff. I also pick and choose my beacons, shovels and probe and airbag from different suppliers. Packages tend to give stuff that is good to drag stuff that is so so across the line with it. I would rather have cheaper sled and buy what you want. Kind of like warranty. If you're adding a turbo you don't need to pay for a 4 year warranty. Yes you are paying for that. Factories are weeding out that with factory turbos. They have this stuff in the accessories catalog. Let owners take a little responsibility. I remember the days when you got a so called free jacket and then everyone and their dog had same sled and same jacket.
Beacons can get out of range and need to be checked so passing them down the line isn't necessarily the best thing possibly. I will always have best available technology for avalanche safety so this is a big no go for me. Anything for a better chance or increased odds.

Premium Features