• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowbike "friendly" DMV offices?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Posted this in the snow bike section too.
Just bought a new used timbersled. The previous owner had it registered to the kit, not the bike.
Last snow bike I was not able to register the kit, only the bike and that was several years ago.
I'd prefer to keep the tags tied to the kit for obvious reasons.
Anyone have a good experience with a DOL office in the Seattle area or Kittitas county?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
FWIW, the WA DOL now recognizes "Timbersled" as a brand of snowmobile. Registered my new "snowmobile" and the guy called Olympia and got TS added as a brand, not previously in the system. It's registered under the Vin # from the kit.
Dunno how I/he pulled it off, but hopefully that's an option now for others.
Not sure how everyone else who uses their bike in the summer either on road or as an ohv does it, because they made me title the old BIKE as a snowmobile and said that designation would make it ineligible for a license plate or OHV tag without changing the title.

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Sounds like fun for me. CMX doesn't have a VIN number so maybe I need to stamp something on it before I try licensing my street legal KTM this winter.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Don't have to stamp nothin. DMV doesn't inspect the machine, and neither do the fish cops if you get checked. They're just looking for a sticker. Use a Timbersled type vin # and a bill of sale and it should work?

Premium Features