• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Report for Golden BC?

We have a trip planned for the last weekend in March up in Golden, but I'm wondering if your season is pretty much done like the rest of the Picific Northwest? Can any locals give me some solid snow condition info this late into March? I have been up there many times before including Revy and Sicamous area. I have called the sled rental places for a snow report, but of course they want you to come up and rent their machines even though we all have our own. Just don't want to be riding on hard snow pack with roads that are turning into gravel? Any info would be helpful.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
we rode quartz Tuesday/ wend, and Gorman yesterday

we had bluebird days at quartz and found wicked snow.. we went as far north of the cabin as possible and found tons of untracked aeras, shaded side down low in the trees was over three feet, seen one slide the entire time and it was about a 2 feet sab let go

there still is lots of stuff untouched we left ad no one else went that far to the right off the cabin.. we followed park access and keep dropiping east, we went over about three ridges as well and other than a fewcliff skiers is all what we seen in two long days

went to Gorman yesterday and found a few good climbs, but snow was no where close as good as quarts, don't think I will go back to that avalanchie terrain again.. death trap...

few guys we seen at motel came from hope and said it was not worth the time to go there, heard silent pass got some decent snow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q09sFyI2Evc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4es5BC95I

motorheadskier

Lifetime Membership
Mar 30, 2012
Truckee, CA
Just left town... still good snow up high... staging area for silent pass is 47k in and fairly smooth drive... rode great... quartz Creek was fun day before decent snow to staging area... gorman lake is a ruff drive hauling trailer 3 days ago but ridding was still worth it about 11k in took us 40 min hauling trailer... all in all awesome week!!! Headed north to McBride

Premium Features