• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Oval Racing?

H
Oct 24, 2008
I did a snow oval race at ERX last weekend and had an absolute blast I'm wondering why there isn't more of these tracks around. I have raced sno x and I still race in the cross country circuit but after doing that oval for the first time I would much rather do that every weekend. To me it has everything it needs to succeed as a sport if it was setup like ERX which was short track which was kinda narrow with high banks, borderline simple snowmobile setup and just about any year and style sled can not only compete but win! They had all kinds of mixes of snowmobiles together and all looked damn even to me and let's face it IMO any 90's style poo's and cats will beat any new race sled on a flat or oval track hands down so that is cheap and easy for racers and it was some of the most intense racing I've done. Also there was lots of vintage there obviously because this sport originated from that so there really is something for everuone. With the close easy to watch action and with plenty of accidents most fans like why isn't this a bigger sport I don't get it? I got it in my blood now and would love to get a sled ready for next year but can't find anything out there.

Premium Features