• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow measurments in nw wyoming (Poll)

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
I currently have a 1994 polaris indy lite (non-dlx or non-GT) with about 3800 miles on it. But the question is that ive known a lot of people that go out to wyoming every year and snowmobile around dubois, wy, and they have a cabin near union pass, in which they snowmobile there a lot. I havent gone snowmobiling out there yet (because im too young) but a lot of people have told me that my indy lite cant stand the deep powdered snow out there. it makes sence, but if you live, or have a cabin near dubois, or union pass, can you post here how deep has the snow gotten out there?

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
Snow depth shouldn't be your only concern. Asking for snow depth can vary day to day. You could only have 6" of fresh on top of a hard pack layer and still have a snow depth of 40"+ or you could have no base and a fresh 40" of snow. It depends on when you go there. I think with your sled, the hills you are approaching will be the biggest obstacle. At minimum, you need to take these into account: track length/engine/clutching.

Regardless, its a blast out West no matter what sled you are on.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If your friends have newer sleds you can't go where they do no matter what and it would be a pain in the butt. Upgrade your sled or go with people that don't care if your slow or cant make it

Premium Features