• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow flap for Slash?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Anyone find a removable snow flap for the Slash? Buddy just ordered a 2023 and is looking for a removable snow flap for the hard snow mornings on the trail to the mountain.

Thanks!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think the best bet would be to contact the aftermarket bumper manufacturers and talk to them about incorporating a removable snowflap into the design of their rear bumper

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

T

tigepoo

Oct 31, 2014
I'm hoping someone comes up with one soon. I'm going to try and make something myslef. I desperately need one, I can only get down the trail about 1 to 2 miles before I'm at 160 degrees and still climbing up in temp fast.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'm hoping someone comes up with one soon. I'm going to try and make something myslef. I desperately need one, I can only get down the trail about 1 to 2 miles before I'm at 160 degrees and still climbing up in temp fast.

5:12 Dan Adams talks about his Ibexx scratchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Check out Everete for the snow flap. They make one for the axis chassis. Not sure if they make one for the slash matryx tunnel or if the one kit I see works for both. Im sure they will produce one soon if they have not already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
On icy or very packed snow, scratchers with no flap basically don't help anything other than lube the hifax's. Scratched snow mostly blows out the back/through the windows of the track.
Need a flap to ricochet the snow back on the top side of the track so paddles can fling er up to the exchanger. Matryx being even more so, as the exchanger starts at the back of the tank.
This spring should be interesting lol

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I contacted the Everett Snow flap guy and this is what he said:

We're working on it, but nothing just yet. In certain situations, the slash sleds tend to need more cooling than stock. So, we're working on a concept to cover all bases. Might have something available this fall, as long as we get in enough testing on the snow.

Premium Features