• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Checked my 2023 Turbo Expert

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i was going to sit this snowcheck out but i put money down on a freeride. i think my dealer has 1 gen 5 left out of 35
nice. i had a '20 freeride 165 and currently have a '22 turbo freeride 165 and love it. i'm the same in that i wasn't gonna snowcheck but changed my mind. i wanted another freeride but i went with the expert because i really want to try the narrow stance, new track, locked out skid, and new skis which the '23 FR doesn't have but prolly will in the years to come.
don't like all the manta green on the expert though. i'll be removing the goofy hand guard things and would like to cover the green seat with a black cover as that will get filthy in no time.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yeah but everybody and their brother has a black sled. it's not a big deal, just keeping the "complaining about colors" tradition going.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
yeah but everybody and their brother has a black sled. it's not a big deal, just keeping the "complaining about colors" tradition going.
You could order a black one and wrap it.

Weird that the black one is more expensive than the gray/manta one though.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I was going to order a black Expert Gen 5, until I saw it was the same as the entry level Gen 5's.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
not a fan of wraps and the sled's already ordered but it's really not a big deal.
it's also interesting that the freeride has a subdued look to it for '23.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
not a fan of wraps and the sled's already ordered but it's really not a big deal.
it's also interesting that the freeride has a subdued look to it for '23.
I have a 2020 Freeride, which looks amazing to me.

The 2023 Freeride looks kinda boring, which is why I ordered the Expert instead.

Doo's color schemes are usually pretty lame, but this year they hit a new low. I wonder if it is because of supply issues.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I know lots of folks that have wanted a black Freeride since day one, which I don’t think they’ve had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I know lots of folks that have wanted a black Freeride since day one, which I don’t think they’ve had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2023 Freeride has the 36 inch front end and still has t-motion versus the Expert’s 34 inch front end and locked out rear with no t-motion and no flex edge track. Those differences pushed me to the Expert too this year.

Last edited:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So what color of Expert did everyone go with? I went Silver/manta. First thing it will get is a black seat.Custom Summit X with Expert Package 3-8-2022 at 10.08 PM.jpg

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I have a 2020 Freeride, which looks amazing to me.

The 2023 Freeride looks kinda boring, which is why I ordered the Expert instead.

Doo's color schemes are usually pretty lame, but this year they hit a new low. I wonder if it is because of supply issues.
Agreed on the color choices this year.
If the Freeride had all of the improvements that the Expert got I woulda gone with another FR but I’ve been wanting to try out the narrow front end since they came out with it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Lynx Turbo re shredder in 154 with 10.25 guage for what reason i don't know. Guess i can put off getting glasses for another year. My wife is getting a 9r but most excited about lynx. Pretty well know what 9r will be. Lynx with all changes will be a hoot

Premium Features