• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow bike kits for jumpers

M
Dec 21, 2018
Hey
Im going to sell my Snowhawk 800 this year and try a snow bike kit on my Cr250 2 stroke.
Im a guy who likes to jump on FMX ramps in the summer so being in the air is nothing new to me.

Im looking for a snow bike bit that will hold up on jumps and drops.
Here in Norway its impossible to get a Timbersled kit.
We have lots of Camso kits but after what i`ve read, they suck at jumping.
I think i know someone who can get me a Yeti but its extremely expensive so im not considering that now.

I have the opportunity to get a used Mototrax 2018 120 enduro for a cheap price.
How do they work on jumps?

Have you guys heard about the Onetrack ranger built by Brutalteknik in Sweden? If you have, is it working good ?
Heres a few pics of it:

Any other ideas ?

57f6c79d9ad6e099475218.png 57f6c798df26a794934589.jpg 57f6c79325e71602087903.jpg

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
In deep powder CMX and Timbersled will not hang with the new Yeti,s, For jumping the axle is far too low on the CMX kit and very little front arm suspension, Dont even think about Camso, Timbersled has steeper approach angle and more front arm travel and would be the best kit for air. The 120 Yeti also is very good for drops however the timbersled 3rd shox will make it the best kit for jumps.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hey
Im going to sell my Snowhawk 800 this year and try a snow bike kit on my Cr250 2 stroke.
Im a guy who likes to jump on FMX ramps in the summer so being in the air is nothing new to me.

Im looking for a snow bike bit that will hold up on jumps and drops.
Here in Norway its impossible to get a Timbersled kit.
We have lots of Camso kits but after what i`ve read, they suck at jumping.
I think i know someone who can get me a Yeti but its extremely expensive so im not considering that now.

I have the opportunity to get a used Mototrax 2018 120 enduro for a cheap price.
How do they work on jumps?

Have you guys heard about the Onetrack ranger built by Brutalteknik in Sweden? If you have, is it working good ?
Heres a few pics of it:

Any other ideas ?

I’d highly recommend you ask this on the Swedish snowbike facebook page.

Can’t remember the name exactly. (It’s in swedish)

I don’t know of any brutalteknik kits on this side of the Atlantic.

My $.02 below.
Timbersled = jumping / handling

Yeti = deep powder and fragile expensive parts.

Camso = chintzy steel heavy minimum suspension

Mototrax = trenches in deep snow, high ski pressure, unreliable.

CMX = all around decent kit

Snowtechmx = tough reliable heavy kit.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I remember a Russian snow bike kit posted here last spring that looked pretty similar to ts but I can't recall the name of it.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Here is the group where you should post the question in mind.
All I can say is that Daniel Fagerli is running the Onetrack kit from Brutalteknik and he uses it pretty hard and it seems to work for him.
You can check him out at his instagram. https://www.instagram.com/daniel.fagerli/

S
Jan 3, 2019
Lol!! It was a little loose! Was hoping no one caught that!! I have since went to a TSS timbersled 120 but I definitely don’t get the pop like the hard tail Camso had! But the downside of the Camso going down the rough trail it was a pogo stick!

Premium Features