• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno scoot 128" from Santa

B
Jan 10, 2011
Castle Rock
I was woke up at 0130 by my son screaming "Santa came, and he brought me a snowmobile" a very happy boy. I can't wait to get him up in the snow. He's been asking for a while now and Santa finally delivered. Thanks to the all previous builders for posting pics, they were a big help.

Still need to fab up a tunnel extension.

B
Apr 30, 2013
Very cool! I just got one for my boy. Where did you get the info on swapping the rear skid and track? SnoScoot tracks are brutally expensive!

Great looking machine and LOVE the toothless smile! Got my 8 year old toothless wonder a Formula 380 in Sept and we've had a couple good rides so far. I sure you're anxious to get little man out there!!

By the way, my kids got that Pieface game and it's a kick in the pants too!

B
Jan 10, 2011
Castle Rock
Very cool! I just got one for my boy. Where did you get the info on swapping the rear skid and track? SnoScoot tracks are brutally expensive!

I got all the info off snowest. It's been done several times but each one is a little different depending on the parts you source for the build. the hardest part is getting the drivers. I ended up getting a set of drivers for a hex shaft, having them bored out and fitted with a metal sleeve for the square shaft and then pinned through the driver and shaft, very nice looking when done.

The rest is just find a track and rails and fab up the brackets.

a nice write up here:

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=253795

C
Nov 29, 2008
Looks great - be sure to do the mod to the boards / foot rests (pretty easy). Give the kid some traction under his feet - stock set up with the plastic is very slippery.

B
Jun 16, 2009
Looks good, I just finished one and have another one to do...

Any info on the drivers you used (model number), and the sleeve (where you found it)?
thanks

C
Nov 29, 2008
Looks good, I just finished one and have another one to do...

Any info on the drivers you used (model number), and the sleeve (where you found it)?
thanks

If you can't find the OE drivers to press on, you can remove the old drivers and pick up a set of with 2.52" pitch. You can cut the centre out of the 2.52" drivers and centre them up and weld on couple of tabs on the shaft and through bolt them. These engines are only 80 / 125 cc so you're not dealing with any excessive amount of torque. Centring and aligning them is the most important part.
Aftermarket 2.52" drivers to fit these are getting hard to find.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
Great build! Just bought my 6 year old one and already wants a 340. Luckily he has two younger siblings that can use it. Who did your wrap?

B
Jan 10, 2011
Castle Rock
Premium Features