• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Turbo Weight

R
Nov 17, 2012
Rexburg Idaho
What is everones thoughts on the new SLP Magnum Force weight for the Skidoo Turbo.40-167.jpg

T
Aug 8, 2011
Concept of mass under center on a turbo works for sure. But, the doo turbo Hits so hard it’s hard to say if this would be a help or hindrance

Feb 14, 2010
it may work on an aftermarket turbo, but the factory turbo is different, it`s the way the boost comes on, 4lbs of boost at 8,000 feet, so 1/2 lb of boost per 1000 feet. it`s really a N/A sled with 165 HP up to 8,000 feet. if you ride at 2,000 feet, that`s 1 pound of boost or 4,000 feet that`s 2 pounds of boost, do you think your going to feel 2 pounds of boost? the factory 850 turbo is just a strong running 165HP sled at all elevations.

X
Oct 8, 2009
... the factory 850 turbo is just a strong running 165HP sled at all elevations.
I agree. They are okay in stock form. I would not use the words "hits hard" to describe a skidoo factory turbo. Smooth power...yes. There is a lot of hype for that sled, and I think it has given people amnesia in some respects.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I wonder why not anyone else of the "clutch kit mfg:s" are making Heel Clicker type weights for the P-drive/850?
I have been running home made bolt on heels on my 850 for two seasons now and they work like a charm!! Silky smooth low engagement, low cruising rpm:s but hard, snappy and aggressive response when i hit the throttle.

I know the Heelclickers were patented but that has to have expired by now, or hasn't it?
Although the bolt on heels work there are drawbacks, they can be damaged if/when you blow a belt. A heel integrated into the flyweight would not be as sensitive.
Found some old pics of the first version of the heels we made. Since then they have become longer and able to house larger and heavier weight screws. In the pics it's a short M5 with one nut, now I'm running an M6x25 with 3 nuts and further out. Seems the 850 will pull almost anything. Heels are laser cut from 4mm high grade steel.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

X
Oct 8, 2009
You can put a lot of weight in that heel, not because it is an 850, but because it is a very short radius from pivot location of the weight, and it is almost inline with that pivot location in the direction of angular acceleration so as to neutralize some of the effect. Thus, it is not surprising to me that you are able to do that.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Patten infringement ??!!?? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

You are allowed to make anything for personal use without even telling the inventor. If you start making money out of it it's infringement. But, the Heelclicker patent must be expired by now, or? If not I understand why no one else makes similar stuff.

You can put a lot of weight in that heel, not because it is an 850, but because it is a very short radius from pivot location of the weight, and it is almost inline with that pivot location in the direction of angular acceleration so as to neutralize some of the effect. Thus, it is not surprising to me that you are able to do that.
As I said, the later version is longer, (almost twice as long). However, we have tried them on a RS race sled and also on my GF's 600R Summit and they take noticeably less heel weight than the 850. The heels on the original aren't that long either although they are full width of the weight.

Anyways, function has never been the problem for Heelclicker, they have always worked good, especially on "strong engines" with a lot of bottom/mid range. The problem has been more of the sort of being hard to tune..... and, some say, the person behind the product also being a bit .... lets say, less than therapeutic..

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Im going to try the new flyweights that come in the 2021’s first. I have my own adjustable flyweights but the stock ones have me interested.
The 40 deg helix is the first to go On my turbo. My enzo shocks have been sent in for the turbo tuning and a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Im going to try the new flyweights that come in the 2021’s first. I have my own adjustable flyweights but the stock ones have me interested.
The 40 deg helix is the first to go On my turbo. My enzo shocks have been sent in for the turbo tuning and a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what you going to do for a helix?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
This has potential to be interesting though.

Premium Features