• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP single pipe update?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i think it is ridiculous that the 850 has been out 2 years and they don't have the single pipe for it yet.
I also think the twins are ridiculous.
IMO they would have been better of just focusing on the single and getting that to the market

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Maybe in the mountains not the dyno, there is no hp to be made with the Patriot 850, when adding a aftermarket pipe.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
i think it is ridiculous that the 850 has been out 2 years and they don't have the single pipe for it yet.
I also think the twins are ridiculous.
IMO they would have been better of just focusing on the single and getting that to the market

They definitely focused on the wrong pipe combo (twins) and left ALOT on the table by not doing the single pipe/can. The twins put WAY too much heat under the hood for my liking. We'll see if they get a good single pipe/can combo this season.

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Are there any good options out there for a full pipe set? Looks like Bikeman has a set? does anyone have any serious reports on it? Are the gains worth the cost? Or is just going a lighter can combo the way to go?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Are there any good options out there for a full pipe set? Looks like Bikeman has a set? does anyone have any serious reports on it? Are the gains worth the cost? Or is just going a lighter can combo the way to go?

Set $500 on fire and you'd still be farther ahead then running a bikeman pipe as at least you'd have only wasted money not the time to install parts and made your sled worse.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Like above, i sure wish there was an SLP single for the 850. In the hopes that one comes out soon, and follows the same idea of the 800 single pipe (specifically, can work with stock can or other cans made to fit onto a stock pipe (Like the Diamond S Ti) - and a cooker). More than anything - I want weight reduction. Not getting any younger, so I will take all the help I can get when it comes to riding and how much weight I have to dig out when stuck.

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I've had a Bikeman pipe/can on my 850 for year and a half or 1000ish miles. Seems fine. No running issues or cracks unlike a couple of the other names getting thrown around here. I'd run them again.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I got the new SLP catalog in the mail the other day and there are Single pipe sets for the 850 in the catalog, but the info is all TBD so seems they're still working on it. Better than nothing though.

They also have a Matryx version listed so they'll probably have one ready to go for next year when the mountain sleds get the new plastic.

Premium Features