• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Mohawk Review

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Absolutely love the mohawk. here is my review.

Trail manners: Tracks true and straight on the groomer. Little to no effort needed to guide it and it doesn't fight or feel heavy on the trail.

Powder: Floatation seems every bit as good as grippers and PP. Never once had any issues with it sinking way down in powder and finding hidden objects. Doing downhill pow lines through trees I feel like I could pick any line I wanted and make it happen. It floats well when creeping on slow sidehills where control really matters.

Sidehilling: It grips the hillside easily with the tri-keel design and holds the line. It doesnt wash or slip like the grippers. I dont feel like I have to fight the ski at all.

Jumps/Drops: Have not had the chance to do these yet.

Loops: So very comfortable. If you have ever had to yank out a ski-doo or C/A ski you will know how annoying it is to have crappy designed ski handles to pull on. These loops felt really good in your hand and were easy to give a ski tug with.

Negatives: about the only I could ask for is a little bit more rigid ski. Not too much, I think the C/A is too rigid personally, but somewhere in the middle. Assembly. I had to mount the saddle to the spindle, then attach the ski to the saddle. Which wasn't hard or bad, just seemed awkward.

Price: Seems a bit steep at full retail, but I dont know how much r&d and molds for the ski cost. Wonder if they will come down a bit.

Overall I like these skis way more than the SLT and I love the SLT. I have complete confidence in the skis ability to get me where I want to go. Even had a few comments about how my sled holds true lines and was able to pick sidehill lines through creek bottoms around stuck sleds with ease. A solid 10/10 stars!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Absolutely love the mohawk. here is my review.

Trail manners: Tracks true and straight on the groomer. Little to no effort needed to guide it and it doesn't fight or feel heavy on the trail.

Powder: Floatation seems every bit as good as grippers and PP. Never once had any issues with it sinking way down in powder and finding hidden objects. Doing downhill pow lines through trees I feel like I could pick any line I wanted and make it happen. It floats well when creeping on slow sidehills where control really matters.

Sidehilling: It grips the hillside easily with the tri-keel design and holds the line. It doesnt wash or slip like the grippers. I dont feel like I have to fight the ski at all.

Jumps/Drops: Have not had the chance to do these yet.

Loops: So very comfortable. If you have ever had to yank out a ski-doo or C/A ski you will know how annoying it is to have crappy designed ski handles to pull on. These loops felt really good in your hand and were easy to give a ski tug with.

Negatives: about the only I could ask for is a little bit more rigid ski. Not too much, I think the C/A is too rigid personally, but somewhere in the middle. Assembly. I had to mount the saddle to the spindle, then attach the ski to the saddle. Which wasn't hard or bad, just seemed awkward.

Price: Seems a bit steep at full retail, but I dont know how much r&d and molds for the ski cost. Wonder if they will come down a bit.

Overall I like these skis way more than the SLT and I love the SLT. I have complete confidence in the skis ability to get me where I want to go. Even had a few comments about how my sled holds true lines and was able to pick sidehill lines through creek bottoms around stuck sleds with ease. A solid 10/10 stars!
Nice. did you mount in forward position?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
yes with standard trail runner for wear bar. anything over 3" of carbide is overkill for riding in the mountains IMO

can you clarify?, If saddles are mounted in forward position that moves skis to the rear

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Phatty... How bout some pics on the sled??

I wonder how much heavier they are than the grippers?

MoHawk.jpg

1680_600.jpg

SLP PRO RMK/Rush mounting Rubbers

35-362.jpg

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I have powder pros on all my pros what's the difference between pp's and the mohawks? Lighter?

Premium Features