• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled tour to ravens roost 12/17/16

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
I met up with friend Terr and went up to cabin where we met a few first up riders sat morning, Jeff and guy and daughter they said never been to roost, first time I saw grooming this season as Jim and myself and another Jeff have been the groomers in some of deepest powder this season to the roost, even sleds had to turn around aprox 2 to 3 miles from top prior to 12/5/16, that day blew past foot tracks 100 ft past sled turn around and didn't look back throttle was pinned for 3 minutes plus and was kicking snow and stuff off running boards on my 2013 xm 154 track in fear it was not going to make it, Jim followed with his 2013 pol pro, made it all the way to top of hill where I blew into 10' drift of pow and lost all visability and I was leaning slighty left ya that was where I got stuck 2nd time that day.
so after getting unstuck( 40 mins) we made a number of trenches around roost but didn't even think of venturing down jeep trail.
so Jim tried turning around 100 yrds from me ya him too so then a first and unbelievable thing happened 1/4 mile down the hill we saw a (cousin says pine martin) while we stopped to snack/water time and sleds turned off then out of the snow comes a snow shoe rabbit ran between my legs followed by the martin which stopped 1 ft from my boots and ran back up the hill bunny was not lunch that day and ran down the hill, we had a great run on 12/5/16.
now for 12/17/16 after taking group that had never been there I asked Jeff if he was a good rider and ya came reply, Terr had been down creekbed prev year so I said come on down jeep trail with me then since Jim and Ken wasn't with me this trip, within of top 200 ft encountered 5 drifts (not there prev year/prev run down it) ya Jeff learned a lot that day and so did Terr, the ol man beat up on the kids again. the good thing I did was not let guy with daughter on back come down jeep trail, was a great day. 119.7 miles logged that day and 45 mins in jeep trail alone sorry Jeff and Terr.

IMG_9260.jpg IMG_9263.jpg IMG_9265.jpg IMG_9267.jpg IMG_9217.jpg IMG_9195.jpg IMG_9189.jpg IMG_9188.jpg IMG_9192.jpg

Premium Features