• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Sled idles better with gas shut off

Feb 21, 2019
Just picked up a 01 550 sport touring. Sled starts up first or second pull but doesn't want to idle on its own. If I shut the gas off to the sled and start it again it ideas pretty much perfect. What is going on here? Pulled apart the carbs and completely cleaned them and blew everything out with air. Still same deal. Any help would be great

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
The two things that occur to me are bad needle and seat, causing it to load up with fuel, or a bad fuel pump causing it to suck fuel through the impulse line while it's running. I'd start by opening the crankcase drain plugs (look on the bottom front of the block, underneath the Y-pipe). You'll probably get a little oil out of them, but if you see more than a small dribble of gas, it's probably the fuel pump.

To check the needle and seat, per the FSM, you have to take the carb off and invert it, then apply 5 PSI to the fuel inlet. It should hold that for at least a minute. To be honest, I've never checked them that way. I've replaced a couple sets mostly for peace of mind, but you'd either need to rig up something with a compressor line or buy a hand pump. Dealer's choice on that, the needle and seat are about $15 each.

Scott

Super-moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Needle is the FIRST thing I thought of too.

Premium Features