• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled fumes in the shop

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
I did the yearly sled stuff today, I hate adjusting the track because it involves running it in the shop which fills it full of fumes. I'm in the middle of painting my project car and I've built a temp paint booth in the shop. Came in handy today, no fumes.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Built one of them booths back in the day.. Ran three 20" fans pulling air on one end and about four good sized A/C filters on the other. Worked great,

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Built one of them booths back in the day.. Ran three 20" fans pulling air on one end and about four good sized A/C filters on the other. Worked great,
The booth has been really great for spraying the car. I have a couple coats to put on the body and sand the guide coat to do before putting the car back together. I'm installing all new coil over suspension (front and rear) and have some other mods before applying the base and clear coats. I had to install 8 20x20" filters becausprimer3.jpgprimer3.jpgprimer3.jpgprimer3.jpgprimer1.jpgCyclone paint 1.jpgFairlane1.jpgprimer3.jpgprimer1.jpgCyclone paint 1.jpgFairlane1.jpge the fan would start pulling the walls of the paint booth in.

When I'm done with the Cyclone I have a 67 Fairlane which will be the next project.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I rock a larger bathroom fan in the ceiling on a timer. Not instant clear out but it just helps keep air moving the right direction. If your doing a bunch of track stand pulls the garage door still gets opened. Also, leave it on for an hour when your done and everything is nice and fresh before to long.

Just nice for helping to remove fumes from whatever random project you may be doing.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Ahh, Merc cyclone... was thinking you were doing a Torino. I bought a ZO7 Vette for a winter project, probably still be cheaper than my sleds

Premium Features