• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLED DECK REMOVAL?

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
Does anybody have any good solution for removing and installing a sled deck in and out of your truck that doesn't involve calling up buddies to give you a hand? I do not have a garage or carport, so i can not lift the deck out using an overhead beam or structure. I was thinking something along the lines of camper jacks. If you already have something along these lines please post some pictures.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If you can pull it back and drop the arse end down to the ground on an angle....then stick some sawhorses underneath and drive the truck away. Then just leave it like that for easy re-loading. I have done this with my single deck...can't see why it wouldn't work with a double.

Or drop the arse to the ground against a tree or wall, then tie the front straight back to the wall/tree and drive away perhaps.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
If no stands or a Bobcat are available and you have an open trailer; drop your tailgate and backup to it, then wrestle the deck out of the truck bed and onto the trailer.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I always remove the ramp and load/unload by myself. Pull the back end out, set it on the ground while the front rests on the tailgate. Lift it up the front, push it back, set it down. Not sure how heavy steel is, but that's why I chose aluminum...

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Gantry crane - I just used one to put my Truck Boss in my new truck, the Truck Boss deck is heavy when complete compared to the original Marathon deck I have.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Your needs made me think of rollers that rafters use to unload/load heavy boats.

Rollers+Dual+1.JPG

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Your needs made me think of rollers that rafters use to unload/load heavy boats.

Rollers+Dual+1.JPG

I used two different sized pieces of conduit as rollers and made a little table stand deal for one. It worked really good, could slide it in easily by myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Cut 2 pieces of schedule 40 PVC slightly narrower than the width of the bed. 1 will go by the back the other midway in the bed. Roll (pull) the deck back. When you get it all the way back, let it come out and stand it on its rear end. Drive truck forward out of the way. Take the PVC out of the truck and put it on the ground and then lay the front of the deck onto the pipes. Then, roll the deck wherever you need to put it. Takes me 5-10 minutes by myself.

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
I just loaded mine by assistance from a buddy. Used the winch on my quad, with a pulley mounted up in a tree (use whatever high mounting point ya got). Couldnt be easier.

20141001_185024_LLS.jpg

J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
I always unload/load my aluminum 2 sled deck myself. For loading tip it up so it's balancing at a 45 degree angle, so resting on it's rear legs and back of the deck. Then shimmy it over to the truck, lower front onto tailgate. Then simply lift up the back and push it on. Easy peasy.... Reverse for unloading.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I always unload/load my aluminum 2 sled deck myself. For loading tip it up so it's balancing at a 45 degree angle, so resting on it's rear legs and back of the deck. Then shimmy it over to the truck, lower front onto tailgate. Then simply lift up the back and push it on. Easy peasy.... Reverse for unloading.

It is easier with two or three guys, but can easily by your self. I do exactly what joshua335 does.

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I just loaded mine by assistance from a buddy. Used the winch on my quad, with a pulley mounted up in a tree (use whatever high mounting point ya got). Couldnt be easier.

20141001_185024_LLS.jpg

I like this idea, however is it just me or is the strap wrapped around the bottom crossbar (window protector) causing the bar to bend upward? Might just be the angle the photo is taken.

Also, bumping this old thread because I was searching for techniques like the one above. My season was cut short due to injury, and while I could remove my Marlon deck by myself, my broke ass arm is preventing that. So short of asking a few buddies to do it for me, I'm trying to find a way to do it using leverage..either the above technique or utilizing a chain hoist from HF or something.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I expand the sides and lift it off with my hoist. I back an old 2 place trailer in underneath and drop it down.

Ideally a bobcat with a set of forks, but I don't have one.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
A forklift works great.
I have a set of saw horses that are the same height as my bed. Backup to them and slide the deck out on to them. There it sits till i need it again.

Sent it

Premium Features