• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS vs PRO Weight

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
SKS shows 35lbs heavier. Front cooler, chain drive and extra boogie wheels I realize but is there anything else different? This seems like a lot of weight for these 3 things?

My SKS is 2016. 443lbs vs 408lbs

C
Feb 10, 2019
Saskatchewan
I have an 18 sks 155.
Electric start really isn’t necessary on these sleds, not like a doo 800 etec, those are brutal to start. So one could pull the electric start off. The extra idler wheels could be pulled off too.
I wouldn’t trade my sks for a pro rmk. That extra cooler is awesome. Ive been on iced trails where we’ve had to stop for pro rmk’s and summits to cool down when my sks is running cool. Drop the scratchers and go.

S
Jan 13, 2009
As mentioned above, most of the weight listed for SKS comes from the battery and components associated to the battery. The Pro-RMK comes standard without the battery, so they list the weight without.

G
Dec 20, 2007
I have a 2016 SKS 155..couple things missed so far; aluminum over structure, aluminum rear bumper tube, extra limiter strap, steel drive shaft.

Perfect setup for a 155/163 turbo setup imho. Front cooler keeps it cool and the strong aluminum stuff make it tougher.

Premium Features