• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS 155 or Khos 155 UP Michigan riding

U
Nov 11, 2009
Which sled is best for the UP? Dropping off most areas and only a 5 miles of trail at a time to get to the backwoods areas. This will be my first off trail or deep snow sled. I have been riding sleds for 50 years though. I want to try this for a few years. Thanks for any feed back.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
SKS will have an additional bulkhead cooler, wider front end, cheaper, shocks not as good (but should be able to get remotes and revalve if you want to), additional track options. Given your limited trail plans, Khaos will likely fit better. You can always change cooler with the Khaos, but ain't free and will screw with a warranty. If you really think you'll ride more trail to get to untracked pow, SKS.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Buddy has a SKS and a Khaos, the kids only want to drive the Khaos. Get the Khaos

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Khaos for sure, its amazing how much lighter it feels over the regular rmk.

Buchholz56

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2013
Dayton, MN
Have 2 Khaos’s and a pro and ride a lot in the UP between Hancock and Twin Lakes where we frequently have 10+ miles of trail to ride before we drop off into the woods. With the factory scratchers down rarely see temps over 100 on the trail if you’re going 35+ mph and this is without a snowflap on one of them. Only time we see high temps is poking along at a snails pace in the woods but nothing a few blips of the throttle doesn’t take care of to throw some snow up into the tunnel. After this season on my Khaos I don’t even like ridding my pro anymore.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Khaos 10:1

SOOO much more fun, better shocks etc. Im betting we are going to see a continued push to the khaos geometry from Polaris. Overall its just a better sled for more riders in more conditions. It barely gives up anything to the RMK as far as deep snow capability but the fun factor and how light and nimble the sled feels. It reacts to throttle and brake input so much better and you can ride in a nuetral position even more then an RMK.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Only down side to the khaos I found, is it dont climb as good as a rmk.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
In Michigan ,You do know we lease the property for trails from the owners right ?????

The Trespassing is only going to lose us more trails and access. But if you know where you are some areas are Limited Access State owned, this doesn't mean it's a free for all just because your a Public it has to have the all seasons classification ..

It's not OFF TRAIL is RIGHT OFF THE TRAIL!! You can walk to Walmart in a few hours anywhere in the UP . Out west you'll be lucky to walk to a road in a day !!!

Go out west and enjoy what you THINK you are doing !!!

U
Nov 11, 2009
First of all I have been riding for over 50 years so I might know a thing or two about what you can do and not do out there. I am thinking people who put a loud can on their sleds are more prone to causing the system shutting down than anything. If the trail is where you like to be then stay there. I am tired of the guys that are half drunk and going 90 mph or faster on the trails and not respecting the people that do follow the law. I have sat off in a meadow and watched groups of people riding out of control and it is scary knowing there are families riding just around the next corner. Having to jump off the trail because some out of control idiot is on your lane in a corner. So yes I know where I can ride off trail. Yes I will respect land owners property. And yes I will be going out West.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
First of all I have been riding for over 50 years so I might know a thing or two about what you can do and not do out there. I am thinking people who put a loud can on their sleds are more prone to causing the system shutting down than anything. If the trail is where you like to be then stay there. I am tired of the guys that are half drunk and going 90 mph or faster on the trails and not respecting the people that do follow the law. I have sat off in a meadow and watched groups of people riding out of control and it is scary knowing there are families riding just around the next corner. Having to jump off the trail because some out of control idiot is on your lane in a corner. So yes I know where I can ride off trail. Yes I will respect land owners property. And yes I will be going out West.
The drunk part is so true, as stated here. It’s out of control. I’m not really one for wanting someone else bury me 6’ under. I took my 8yr old off trail in the UP, yes riding his own sled. Much safer off trail than on trail any day.

U
Nov 11, 2009
It's not just the drinking, but some of these sleds are hitting 120 to 130 mph. The speed is one thing if used correctly. But when you throw in liquid suspension. Not a good combo.

Premium Features