• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Hood Issues

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
So I purchased the helium hood for my new 2020 expert. I am going to run the stock side panels for now. The top latch on both sides doesn’t even come close to being able to lock. It sits a good 1 inch behind the panel. I know the latches are mounted correctly. Anyone else ran into this issue?

Also has anyone had issues with the hose coming off that goes to the airbox now? I have it tight but am still concerned with the vibration knocking it off of there. In the directions it says will be a tight fit just be careful. Tight fit doesn’t describe it. That thing is damn near impossible to do with one person.

I
Jul 5, 2001
Skinz Helium Hood for G4 Skidoo, comes with air box since air intake tube is attached with hose clamp AND shrink wrap tape, and also have SLP powder valve installed in back of air box also.

In good shape and color is Flat Black
Price $600

Thanks
253*350*7689

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just use a bit of tape at the airbox to hold the hose on, I used some gorilla tape and had no issues at all.

X
Oct 8, 2009
You should take photos and contact skinz. Given what they charge for those hoods, duck taping the intake is not acceptable. They are responsible to deliver a premium product. With that said, manufacturer production lots do have defects, and you may simply be the recipient of a defective hood they were not able to identify in sorting. If they cannot remedy the problem or refuse to, you may need to request a full refund and look for a different provider.

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Skinz has been contacted, going on a trip this weekend so will report back on how it held up. Did manage to get the side panels closed but I have to take the hood off and push out on the latch, and even then I can barely get it to latch.

Opening up side panels out on the hill I guess it out of the question for this trip. No way I’m burning up my coat. Sure sucks if I need to make adjustments to anything though

Premium Features