• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Helium Hood for Matryx?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Im confused that Pro Armor has Burandt and Rasmussen bumpers on their site that look identical to the skinz versions

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
“We own everything and still produce many items” Didn’t they publicly announce they were done and auctioning off all their stuff?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Im confused that Pro Armor has Burandt and Rasmussen bumpers on their site that look identical to the skinz versions
I went on their website to check, and you are right. It looks like an exact copy, certainly a copyright laws would apply here, not to mention that Burandt name is used as well. I am sure that we are not seeing the whole picture here

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Proarmor website has a similar feel to polaris website, any chance Polaris owns them?

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Skinz was always a chit show. Neat idea but terrible biz structure and service. I am not surprised.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I run some Skinz products but the quality isn't anything head above the rest. Maybe PRO Armor will improve it.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So...did bro have any patents or what? If so, great, line up the lawyers and sue away. I'm sure you'll win lots of money because it looks like it truly is the exact same.
If not, um, sorry dude, other people are allowed to make it, and you make yourself especially vulnerable to other people entering the market to make the exact same thing when you literally announce publicly that you aren't going to make it anymore.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
It’s the same part numbers and everything. I always liked skinz stuff. Their customer service was always above top notch for me. Maybe I just got lucky. It was good to see a company innovate as much as they did with things like the black project and the arc. Fairly out of the box thinking. Hopefully Polaris runs them as a silent partner type situation, and pro armor hires their designers and engineers and continues to innovate instead of get bogged down in the red tape that could come with being owned by Polaris.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the farmer field analogy is a little weird imo.
Farmer gonna blow your head off if you try to take his field.

hope they keep innovating new products, I like their stuff.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
From what I understand poo tried to buy them out, but the owner said he was tired and done with it (skinz) so he locked the doors and sold the tooling. I talked to a higher up at poo and he asked if I liked skinz products and I said yes. He then just smiled. So something coming from Polaris.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I went on their website to check, and you are right. It looks like an exact copy, certainly a copyright laws would apply here, not to mention that Burandt name is used as well. I am sure that we are not seeing the whole picture here

I’m guessing after burandt, dan adams and Rasmussen all got dumped by skinz they were eager to sign on with pro armor……..

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I watched the 509 podcast with Dan Adams. I caught that he was wearing a pro armor shirt.
Doesn't necessarily mean anything about this situation but it's just an observation I made.

Premium Features