• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Arc

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
A buddy of mine that has installed a bunch of kits and I had this convo a couple times, and now I cant remember the answer. I will ask him when he gets cell service...

One thing I know we talked about... if you are buying a used kit, that little shock is stupid expensive to get serviced. We just figured by the time you buy used, and have the shock serviced, you might as well buy new.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
A buddy of mine that has installed a bunch of kits and I had this convo a couple times, and now I cant remember the answer. I will ask him when he gets cell service...

One thing I know we talked about... if you are buying a used kit, that little shock is stupid expensive to get serviced. We just figured by the time you buy used, and have the shock serviced, you might as well buy new.

if I remember right the rail infill pieces were different.

i ran a skinz arc kit for 2 rides then returned it.

the replacement lower scissor that comes with the kit folded like a cheap lawn chair.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
That’s crazy. We have run Arc on a pile of sleds. Couple guys I ride with could break an anvil and never had a issue.

My current sled doesn’t have it and there is times I definitely miss it. I need to learn better how to utilize the brake and gas at the same time though too.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That’s crazy. We have run Arc on a pile of sleds. Couple guys I ride with could break an anvil and never had a issue.

My current sled doesn’t have it and there is times I definitely miss it. I need to learn better how to utilize the brake and gas at the same time though too.

just my experience.

naturally aspirated 2016 axys 162x3.
i’m 220#

they offered to replace the bent part but said there was no stronger option available ??‍♂️

I had the local shop I bought from send it back.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
This will be coming off an Axys going on a Pro. That’s if the guy sells his sled and if I can talk him into stripping it off his sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've got 900 miles with Skinz mechanical adjustable Arc.

I don't use it a ton, but it's only used when I'm pointing uphill on steep climbs.
It does keep the skis down.

I DON'T pound the whoops or put it through hard hits.
It's been pretty good for me.

I like it.

Premium Features