• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo Rail Ice Scratcher - Axys Install

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Well, it looks like the install was perhaps an exercise in futility. It sounds like I'll be back to buying a few sets of the "Over the Top" scratcher a year. I'll be leaving the T3 scratchers on for the time being, they make a good hanging point for the stock/OTT scratcher in the up position - I can run both for whatever extra cooling the T3 will provide.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
crazy the mixed reviews on these.... i have them on my 3'' xm, i weigh 275 lbs, and i didnt get hot once. nor did my hyfax take a beating. and we all know what kind of snow we had last year.........

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I mounted mine in the factory scratcher hole and just tucked the scratcher in the rail as there is no good spot to mount the hanger and I am not to concerned about scratching paint
uploadfromtaptalk1444067634978.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Not sure why that picture was upside down. Here are a couple other views I had these on my T3 last year and had very good results uploadfromtaptalk1444099505498.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444099626740.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
so nomasittinright had a doo with these scratchers, and liked them enough to put them on his polaris. like i mentioned before, the reviews of these things are all over the place. if i bought a different sled (of any make) tomorrow, id put these on. they worked great on my 3'' doo last year. then you have guys with doo's that say they didnt work (engine hot, hyfax burnt up).

my conclusion of these are.....if you are running a deep lug track, you cannot sit on the seat and drive down a trail all day. or ditch bang out here in the flatland. you need to duck off the trail every quarter mile, hit some snow that isnt packed down, and cool everything off. i do this all the time, even if it is only for 10-20 feet of unpacked snow along the trail. and as i mentioned earlier in this thread, i weigh alot more than 95% of the people that ride these sleds. that puts more friction on the hyfax and more load on the engine.

my hyfax look new (only 400 miles last season), and my engine temps were perfect. the xm only has a bar graph for engine temp. there is a 1-8 graph with 3-4 being normal. i only saw 5 bars one time.

i might be wrong, but i say it is 100% rider problems when i hear someone say they had issues. if you are running a 3'' track on a trail, ducking off the trail to cool off once every mile is not enough.

Last edited:
Premium Features