• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo LINQ Deep Snow Pro Bag Review!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Complete POS. 100%. Only Doo product that I have ever purchased that I regret doing so.
I have always used an aluminum base, mounted to Linq, with a soft bag on top. Last year, 146 Freeride only had two Linq mounts. So bought this. I used it on 146 FR and 165 Expert, just swap them when I change rides.
Good:
The Linq part works.
The shovel is accessible.
A good amount of storage.
Bad:
You have to lubricate the zipper. WTF.
Not really waterproof.
The really bad:
When you don't have a ton of stuff in the bag and have a shovel handle on it, it will bang around and beat the crap out of your sled. The handle. My shovel handle broke the tail light wire cover on my 165 and dented/scratched the tunnel around it. It broke the BRP emblem off of my 146 snow flap and beat the crap out of it. Ok, so some may not think it is a big deal, but I like to take care of my stuff and sell it the next year as-new.
So I just added an extra jacket inside to raise everything up. Ok. That worked. I just noticed today when I listed my FR for sale: The stupid bag actually rubbed the tunnel and wore through the powdercoat. Mounted to Linq mounts.
$260 to damage your sled is not ok in my opinion.
Good idea, bad execution.
If you are careful with loading, probably no shovel damage. Not really sure about the powdercoat stuff. That was the deal breaker for me. I will sell mine cheap.

016.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG broke 165.jpg

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Not the best bag for the reasons stated.

The other bigger bag is great as long as you can use 4 Linq brackets.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Had a similar experience using the bag. Straps ripped after a few rides. Refastened them with rivets. Ripped straps again, broke and replaced 3 buckles. Ended up ripping straps a 3rd time causing the lid to fall over the side of the tunnel while riding and get sucked into the track.

I tossed the lid and just use the bag now. Works fine. Also did not like the electric yellow at all. Not having the quick shovel access doesn't bother me much.

If they wanted to build it with legitimate materials like durable straps and metal buckles that don't break on a whim I'd give it another round. I really like the single linq point and the lower profile than previous linq bags. Also the mesh pocket inside the lid was stupid, nothing stayed in it

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Had a similar experience using the bag. Straps ripped after a few rides. Refastened them with rivets. Ripped straps again, broke and replaced 3 buckles. Ended up ripping straps a 3rd time causing the lid to fall over the side of the tunnel while riding and get sucked into the track.

I tossed the lid and just use the bag now. Works fine. Also did not like the electric yellow at all. Not having the quick shovel access doesn't bother me much.

If they wanted to build it with legitimate materials like durable straps and metal buckles that don't break on a whim I'd give it another round. I really like the single linq point and the lower profile than previous linq bags. Also the mesh pocket inside the lid was stupid, nothing stayed in it
That is part of why I bought it. I don't carry a ton of stuff and liked the low profile. I did like only two Linq latches to undo when pulling it off sled. But that is part of the downfall.....

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Were are you guys finding replacement buckles at ?

S
Mar 18, 2018
Have been using this bag since it was introduced. Have not had any issues and most recently bought a second bag for alternate sled, I believe the zippers are waterproof, Tizip is for lubrication. Some guys are harder on equipment than others lol

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Were are you guys finding replacement buckles at ?
Dealer will have them they are 4-5 bucks each, one important factor is the velcro on the end of the buckles is to be use, so if you tighten the straps and have excess then fold the remaining back onto itself and the strap won't come loose, they will come loose when riding as the vibration and the weight of the shovel with do this and can be hard and even break the straps or damage other things. If you fold the straps up they can not back out due to the thickness of the strap, its pretty standard and simple. The only way this bag would not be 100% waterproof is if you did not do the zip up in full or had a hole in the bag. The tzip is the number one waterproof zip in the world and used on all major top of the line dry suits, it does need to be lubricated with the included wax grease to maintain its durability.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Thanks, I called my dealership and they can't find replacement buckets.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
That bag broke for us too - I would avoid it. Doo makes much better bags to use.

Premium Features