• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKIDOO ETEC 2T oil substitute

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Anybody running anything other than ETEC synthetic? Local dealer went from 48 gallon to 73 a gallon where can get stuff like redline 2T synthetic for 20 gallon

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Call me a sheep but I’ve run Lambsoil Interceptor in every sled I’ve had since ‘03. Haven’t had any problems or failures and smells way better than BRP. Get it for dealer or wholesale pricing through someone to ease the pain.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Redline is almost $80 here. Why complain about an extra $15 a gallon? IF you can get it. Massive oil shortages.
$15000 sled.
$3000 in gear.
$20000 trailer.
$80000 truck.
$5 a gallon for gas.
$15 extra for a gallon of oil?
People here have not been able to ride because of no oil for their brand new sleds. Consider yourself lucky to be able to get any.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I guess it depends on comsumption. I typically use 10 gallons a season. I bought 5 gallon jugs last year at $200 delivered from Partzilla. So $10 more a gallon adds up. Ive been riding since the 80's. BTW it not how much money you have ... its how you use it. For those who think 5 bucks here and 10 bucks there dont add up .... My 22 year old moved back in again. Maxed out credit cards cant pay the bills. Also bought a truck last year (2019) Was 15 grand less out of California. Flew out of state to get it 2 days off $300 in plane tickets. Im willing paying up at a sled shop. In fact where ever I go last year Montana for a month I buy stuff from local shops I pay up at local gun shops to keep them in business wwwgundeals ammoseek . I can only expense so much ... The reality is if you got money you can get things done .... no money no fun. I used to be a money manager at C . Best advice I can give those here is to look at cost benefit analysis ... perhaps khan university. Anybody want to buy patriotic stickers?

Last edited:

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I've been using Mystik in all my sleds for years and have never had an issue. Last year I picked up a case of 3 1 gallon jugs and I want to say it ran me a little over $100. With running 4 sleds I usually burn through a case and a half of oil a season but we don't ride every weekend either.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I've been using Mystik in all my sleds for years and have never had an issue. Last year I picked up a case of 3 1 gallon jugs and I want to say it ran me a little over $100. With running 4 sleds I usually burn through a case and a half of oil a season but we don't ride every weekend either.
Same here, been using it since it was citgo sea and snow, have never had an engine failure in multiple sleds thousands of miles. Valves always clean....

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
I guess it depends on comsumption. I typically use 10 gallons a season. I bought 5 gallon jugs last year at $200 delivered from Partzilla. So $10 more a gallon adds up. Ive been riding since the 80's. BTW it not how much money you have ... its how you use it. For those who think 5 bucks here and 10 bucks there dont add up .... My 22 year old moved back in again. Maxed out credit cards cant pay the bills. Also bought a truck last year (2019) Was 15 grand less out of California. Flew out of state to get it 2 days off $300 in plane tickets. Im willing paying up at a sled shop. In fact where ever I go last year Montana for a month I buy stuff from local shops I pay up at local gun shops to keep them in business wwwgundeals ammoseek . I can only expense so much ... The reality is if you got money you can get things done .... no money no fun. I used to be a money manager at C . Best advice I can give those here is to look at cost benefit analysis ... perhaps khan university. Anybody want to buy patriotic stickers?
Totally get were your going.

Thing is, I don't see much companies do modern 2T engine and 2T oil developpement. If it's a question of principles, I'd be more willing to put something like Polaris VES gold instead of ETEC oil before anything else aftermarket. In the end, if you pay for a bottom end, the 6$ saving/gallon on oil will get eaten up quick.

In 4T, it's another subject and there's a lot of non-oem good options

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Totally get were your going.

Thing is, I don't see much companies do modern 2T engine and 2T oil developpement. If it's a question of principles, I'd be more willing to put something like Polaris VES gold instead of ETEC oil before anything else aftermarket. In the end, if you pay for a bottom end, the 6$ saving/gallon on oil will get eaten up quick.

In 4T, it's another subject and there's a lot of non-oem good options
I am concerned with the propeietary cylinder coating made in Germany for the SKIDOOs. For todays 2T oil will work easily on NIKASIL coatings. I have a physics background and economics so ALWAYS looking at the benefits of something.

Premium Features