• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid drop brainstorming thread

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks Kidwoo, I will do as you suggest first. It will be interesting to see how much the front end is really raised. Thanks for all the specifics!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Reviving this. I put the stock 2016 shock and limiter straps back on just out of curiosity. Way too much ski weight. So the two options I laid out earlier are still a good thing to know about if you're doing an elevate kit on an earlier sled with the tki drop templates and an elevate setup. Still need to drop the front skid shock/mount to mimic the lower hole on newer models.

I'll still be messing around with this this winter. I'll call it the elevator-er kit

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Got the skid out. In a strange mathematical co-inky-dink, scooting the lower front track shock mount forward about 1" gives about an inch of front skid drop. I'm going to sleep on it and probably drill this tomorrow.

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Did you rebend stock rails,wonder if its possible to add more bend to stock rails but i guess they are wery stiff.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've actually got the elevate kit on there so I'm sort of cheating on the bend.

The stock ones do have an annoying flat spot on them that's just begging to be bent right there. If you have the means....

To be honest, I'm not convinced you'd absolutely need to bend them with some good tips and antistab wheels. I did put a longer front track shock on the stockers and ran that before I bought the elevate stuff and it worked fine. And I jacked the front of the skid up WAY too much. You're only looking for 3/4 to 1" total.

Premium Features