• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski stiffener

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Has anybody actually tried the Munster ski stiffeners on a G4? Seems like that will provide more of what Doo is touting on the new Expert spindles/ski/rubbers than the Durapro. Durapro seems like it is a better than stock cushion, but does not claim to decrease the tendency of the ski to point uphill when sidehilling,

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
From what I have read the durapros are an improvement when sidehilling. I just installed mine but haven't had a chance to get out yet, I will be riding the next few days so we will see.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Any updates on the dura pro rubbers? Do they keep the skis from folding up against the front end?

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
I bought a set of DuraPros as well as the centering washers from IceAge. i haven't noticed much difference, but I wasn't having any real issues with my skis or with sidehilling in general. Hoping the combo will have a longer useful life than the stock hardware.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Has anybody actually tried the Munster ski stiffeners on a G4? Seems like that will provide more of what Doo is touting on the new Expert spindles/ski/rubbers than the Durapro. Durapro seems like it is a better than stock cushion, but does not claim to decrease the tendency of the ski to point uphill when sidehilling,

I've got them, they definitely make a difference, but nothing earth shattering. I'm still looking for solutions to the sled pointing uphill when I'm on the pipe.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've got them, they definitely make a difference, but nothing earth shattering. I'm still looking for solutions to the sled pointing uphill when I'm on the pipe.

Tmo lockout, (cheap)

Crank rear springs full stiff (free)

Tighten limiter strap (free but comes with less suspension travel)

Coilover conversion with stiff spring. ( more money and more effective)

Gripper ski’s and Dura pro rubbers. (Middle of the road cost and improvement)

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
You don't have to center the skis with the DuraPros, but I did. Mainly for longevity. I think the spindle bushings will last longer in that configuration. I bought the centering spacers from IceAge. I haven't noticed any performance difference, but I did it mostly for maintenance. My skis were pretty floppy beforehand.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
You don't have to center the skis with the DuraPros, but I did. Mainly for longevity. I think the spindle bushings will last longer in that configuration. I bought the centering spacers from IceAge. I haven't noticed any performance difference, but I did it mostly for maintenance. My skis were pretty floppy beforehand.

I use the Ice Age ones too. Work well. No slop.

Premium Features