• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski & spindle update.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
lookin at updating my TS backcountry ski and maybe spindle to a traverse or Cmx or even a yeti. Anybody got a take on it

E
Dec 19, 2007
The back country ski is pretty good all around ski. It's still my favorite for everything but super fluff or upside down spring pow. I did the upgrade when the aro first came out and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere.

K
Sep 21, 2016
Cmx spindle hands down the best. I have tried them all. Dont waist your money on the others. Cmx ski working great so far for this season. Traverse ski seems to work good for the price also. Yeti ski only for powder.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Also agree that the CMX spindle is great. Posted in the other recent spindle thread about slamming a rock a few weeks ago and getting tomahawked, forks and spindle were absolutely fine after and I rode out. Haven't tried their ski yet, still on the Yeti and I haven't had enough beef with it yet to switch. One of these days when the back of it snaps coming down the ramp (it catches all the time) I'll probably grab a CMX ski.

Premium Features