• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important >>> Ski-Doo Summit 850 TURBO OEM at long last!!!!!!

Post number 92 has been selected as best answered.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I have had dealers offer me $1k off. I would do it in a heartbeat if it came with 4 yr warranty. I will wait til snowcheck and if they dont have multi yr warranty then I will prob pass as well. Too new for me to be tester with no factory backing.

Yup. Waiting to see if Doo offers more than a one year warranty.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
It is not 40 HP more. It's the way they are marketing it that makes you guys think that. It's only 40 HP more than stock of they are side by side at 12,500'. I talk to Tony about it tonight. This is a huge gimmick and only worth it if you ride over 10,000'. It's the same sled as stock until you get over 8,000'.
Haha you know nothing. I have an expert and a turbo. At 6000 feet this turbo kicks the **** out of the expert, it is not even close. I have owned many turbo sleds including 2 strokes and 4 strokes. This sled has NO lag, is extremely controllable and is turn key. Oh and it runs on pump gas. There's not a lot of trails at 2000-4000 feet that require boost is there? It is
40 hp more at 8000 feet, accept it.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
That's what Im getting from dealers a grand off. California , Oregon , Colorado , UT and ID dealers. One dealer in UT have sold 9

S
Nov 6, 2008
As of last week I think the dealer here in Bozeman has already sold 12 of their 14 and weren’t offering any discount. At least they didn’t offer me one for mine.

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
too lazy to upload the videos to youtube but we got to demo the 850T on friday and took it to one of our favorite climbing spots at about 7900' in elevation. we put it up against my expert and my buddys 2020 SP - all with 165 tracks and the NA sleds ran out of track speed before we could crest the top but the 850T was standing on end as it easily made it.

When doing some more technical tree lines the confidence the 850T gives you is unbelievable. Everywhere I used to look and second guess myself was where I now point the sled and it does my bidding.

I had a hard time keeping the smile off my face everytime I got to ride it. It reminded me of my love for the sport and I will definitely be anxiously awaiting the snowcheck period while making peace with parting ways with my expert!

I had one for the day yesterday and completely agree with this statement. I also ride an expert, (which I really like), but will definitely be snow checking one of these in the spring. The powerband is SO smooth and comes on like a stock 850 at engagement, allowing for a very manageable sled when doing slow speed maneuvers. The turbo kicks in around 6K rpm with ZERO turbo lag, then its time to hang on! Very impressed with how well designed and smooth it is. Such a fun sled!

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
Turbos in my group do not have issues in the trees. Very clean and consistent. The even engauge below 4000rpm.
New doo is definitely exciting tho, but not in the league of aftermarket turbos. Not yet anyway.
I ride both regularly, the factory is definitely designed with a LOT more engineering and feels way better in the trees. The newest BD/Silber/MTNTK kits are serviceable but they cannot compete with a factory setup for consistency.

T
Aug 8, 2011
It’s not the power this sled makes...it makes good power but can use more in some scenarios. The reason the factory turbo is so much of a leap forward is that it’s completely seamless in how it goes from naturally aspirated performance on the bottom into a strong clean hard pulling turbo on the big end. It just makes it Lethal In the technical ground and turned up 50 horse it’s going to smash the big mountains flat.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
This is a stroke of genius by ski doo get the sale of sled and turbo. I would say the majority will want more boost make it easier to turn it up but it voids warranty by footprint in ecu. It's a win in my eyes for them.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I ride both regularly, the factory is definitely designed with a LOT more engineering and feels way better in the trees. The newest BD/Silber/MTNTK kits are serviceable but they cannot compete with a factory setup for consistency.
Cannot deny the engineering that was put into the 850T. Its a nice sled.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Ride now powersports in Kennewick Washington has 3 850 turbos if anyone is looking for one. They had them as of 11:00 am this morning.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
7770b37348745142fb03c5cde3bd5490.jpg

It’s so good everyone in my group is probably gonna end up with 1!!!
I’ll never go back to non turbo gen4
It’s game over to any non turbo sled
No comparison!
Couple little notes/thoughts

Bars may be a little small for my large size hands

Running boards fixed!

Stiffer suspension than my 17X
I liked it!

Trail ride in no issue with overtemp

Clicker 1 8k -10k 8200 rpm max recall
Snow was so deep I never saw live tach on a pull, so will need weight added?
I can’t find a max rpm spec I assume 7900?

150 miles 40% break in runs flawless

Never thought I would care about electric start.. I will never have another sled without Shot!!

I made it all week without sore arms
It could have been from the over the hood snow.. Very easy to ride this sled hard! Because of the incredible track and ground speed you need to be paying attention!

Power delivery is smooth and predictable, linear! turbo is not overwhelming under full boost
But very noticeable! Combined with the amazing traction the Gen4 165 3” has
It just Pulls you on top of the snow where nonTurbo sleds we’re struggling in the super deep conditions.
Overall I’m very happy with this sled and decision! It was a little more than I wished to spend.. but after a week riding it I have no regrets!
I did get a 4year warranty @ the original
Sticker price.
Thank you Mike and Gerry @ Nielsons

1 extra thing to note
Fuel consumption is a tad more than the Expert 165 in the group..
But way less than the silber and Boondocker Rmk’s
Due to the 2.6” 163” tracks on the RMK’s
We couldn’t really compare on a hill climb.. but I could easily climb over and down to help dig them out! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Premium Features