• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo R&D

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
A little background, I was a "long-time" doo purchaser and rider. Started out back in the late 80's to 2007 with many new trail/crossover sleds. Graduated to the backcountry riding in 2008 with a new summit each year, last one being a 2017. 2018 I purchased a Poo Axys and ever looked back. Riding a Khaos now, and I just think the sled fits my style better. Dont get me wrong, im not a Burandt guy , gnarly the better. Im in mid 50's and I like to ride the hills/woods and the back country. On the east coast so we dont have any mtns per say. I just think the Poo feels to fit me better.

I just wanted to say that the R&D with Skidoo is far superior than any other manufacturer in my opinion. I think Skidoo pushes the other manufactures to step up their game, but in reality the other sled co are playing catch-up ALL of the time. I can certainly see myself back riding a summit expert, and am sure it would only take a day to get the feeling back and be comfortable on the sled again. The Poo guys that say the Doo lack in the technical terrain? yeah I don't get that because YouTube is full of Doo's shredding the technical stuff.
Whether you like Doo or not you have to give them props.

C
Nov 19, 2009
A little background, I was a "long-time" doo purchaser and rider. Started out back in the late 80's to 2007 with many new trail/crossover sleds. Graduated to the backcountry riding in 2008 with a new summit each year, last one being a 2017. 2018 I purchased a Poo Axys and ever looked back. Riding a Khaos now, and I just think the sled fits my style better. Dont get me wrong, im not a Burandt guy , gnarly the better. Im in mid 50's and I like to ride the hills/woods and the back country. On the east coast so we dont have any mtns per say. I just think the Poo feels to fit me better.

I just wanted to say that the R&D with Skidoo is far superior than any other manufacturer in my opinion. I think Skidoo pushes the other manufactures to step up their game, but in reality the other sled co are playing catch-up ALL of the time. I can certainly see myself back riding a summit expert, and am sure it would only take a day to get the feeling back and be comfortable on the sled again. The Poo guys that say the Doo lack in the technical terrain? yeah I don't get that because YouTube is full of Doo's shredding the technical stuff.
Whether you like Doo or not you have to give them
Riding the doo in technical terrain just isnt as efficient vs a poo or even the cat. The doo is harder on the body, or at least past years it was. Maybe the 2022 changes will help.

Doo guys dont listen too there test riders as far as the belt life (they were told prior to 2017 release that therewas issues). And they arnt allowed to bounce off stuff lol which would have shown the bulkhead issues prior to 2017 release that they eventually fixed. I personally wont buy a doo as there attitude directing the belts blowin was the riders fault and same as the weak bulkhead.

Premium Features