• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo Extended Warranties

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
$3600 for 2 years, $2200 for one year. Parts Nation $1200 for 3 years!!! And the coverage is North America wide, so whats up with the Canadian BRP dealers asking so much. I know the dealers make big coin on these policies but really???? Like they don't make enough othe warranty work and any other extras you buy from them...

C
Mar 15, 2018
Anyone in Canada bought extended warranty from the States for their Doo?? Through Parts Nation its a quarter the cost compared to Canada....
I bought extended warranty on my last snow checked sled, a 1999 AC powder special. Part way through the warranty, the outfit that I had the warranty with sold the warranty to another outfit and it turned into quite the gong show. The only warranty I needed was a clutch and I DID get a clutch in the end but it was not a positive experience. Not really fair to paint ALL third party warranties used on that experience but to was learning experience for sure.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Just a further tidbit, BRP extended warranty must fall within the MAXIMUM 3 year factory warranty! My sled had the optional 4th year BEST warranty so was not eligible. The sled however is eligible for aftermarket warranty such as IWS, at premium prices here up North!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo is looking to sell more extended warranties. That is why they cut their warranty on spring orders from 4 years to 3. Poo kept it at 4.

I bet Doo drops it again for the 2023 spring orders. They have become much less consumer- oriented over the years and that trend will likely continue.

Doo should try getting more input from real riders and less from their paid/compensated Ambassadors.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Doo is looking to sell more extended warranties. That is why they cut their warranty on spring orders from 4 years to 3. Poo kept it at 4.

I bet Doo drops it again for the 2023 spring orders. They have become much less consumer- oriented over the years and that trend will likely continue.

Doo should try getting more input from real riders and less from their paid/compensated Ambassadors.
Won't be long before we know the truth of this one.:)

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Won't be long before we know the truth of this one.:)
I hope they don't doo it, but it seems like a trend with Doo.

What will be interesting is whether Poo keeps their spring order warranty at 4 years to distinguish themselves from Doo or drops their warranty to 3 years too.

Premium Features