• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo E-Tec 850 Turbo "Tunes"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Came across this today....
This is going to be a FUN season to watch all manner of development on the new Turbo...:)

*** Attention Skidoo Turbo 850 owners ***
SkiDoo 850T tunes are flashing like crazy, get yours or get left behind!
We were the first to have them available and have the most test hours in refining them in all conditions to the perfection they are today.
Tunes available direct and through Torque Link dealers.
Torquelink.com

120012987_381590253242846_6873909015796731029_n[1].jpg

Torque Link – Flash Device
$749.90

Description
Readjust your ECU to:
  • Increase fuel efficiency
  • Calibrate timing
  • Optimize fuel to air ratio
  • Improve idle
  • Optimize oil output
  • Match performance stage kit needs

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'll be interested to see how chipped 850Ts hold up. Obviously they could have easily run more boost from the factory; whether they held back for octane/det constraints, longevity, or emissions – or what combination – is the question. Do the T and NA motors both run the same piston? If so, the first big upgrade to handle more boost might be a dished piston, or a head with a larger combustion chamber, to lower compression. At some point, you'll hit the limit of either the bottom end or the turbo; find a friend willing to run stage 4, and if it lasts 500 mountain miles, you'll probably get acceptable life with stage 3. If it blows in short order, find the guy running stage 3 and repeat. Or do it yourself if you've got deep pockets!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Yup, assuming enough guys chip theirs and report back if they blow, we'll have a good idea next spring of where the trouble begins. I haven't paid too much attention to how much guys running aftermarket turbos have been able to reliably get, but that isn't apples to apples considering Doo sized their turbo for pretty low boost. Still, I'd think 10% more should be no big deal, 15% with some kind of octane boost (either booster added or partial mix of avgas or race gas). So, level 1 should be ok, and level 2 doesn't sound too scary. Level 3 and 4 are definitely "you first" though!

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
I was going to attach a file but ?‍♂️. The format won't allow that. I have more info on my Facebook page with video of stage 2 at 11000 ft.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The 850 has had four seasons on it and thousands of trouble free turbo sleds running a lot more boost than the factory turbo. The only problem you run into is not enough octane for your boost level. The bikeman stage 3 is about the same boost as the sidekick, MPI and silber run and I’ve had dozens of friends with them with thousands of trouble free miles. As long as your not ever hitting the det sensor you’ll be good at 6-8lbs.
The factory turbo runs the same crank as the NA, but the pistons and cylinder head have different part numbers. Hopefully the pistons and head are more boost friendly and we golden

Last edited:
P
Nov 29, 2020
Hello all,
just wanted to throw this out there, if your looking to try a tune in your 850 turbo but are hesitant about the cost and whether its worth it. We would be willing to flash your sled and let you try before you buy. Also if your looking for the torque link and licenses we have them in stock and ready to ship. www.PNWL.ca use the email on the site to hit us about the try before you buy option.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
How are you able to flash someone’s sled on a demo basis? Don’t you have to buy a license that registers your vin and ECU to your torq link account? How do you do that on a demo, try and see basis?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hello all,
just wanted to throw this out there, if your looking to try a tune in your 850 turbo but are hesitant about the cost and whether its worth it. We would be willing to flash your sled and let you try before you buy. Also if your looking for the torque link and licenses we have them in stock and ready to ship. www.PNWL.ca use the email on the site to hit us about the try before you buy option.
How are you able to flash someone’s sled on a demo basis? Don’t you have to buy a license that registers your vin and ECU to your torq link account? How do you do that on a demo, try and see basis?

P
Nov 29, 2020
We can do it 2 ways...
1. send us your ecu or come by the shop (obviously not ideal for everyone) and we will flash your sled, charge for the license, if you like it you keep it. If you do not like it send us your ecu or stop by the shop and we can unregister the license from you sled and refund the license fee.
2. you purchase the torque link tool and license, we ship you our torque link tool we have set up for flashing, you flash your sled and try it. if its not to your liking send it back and we will walk you through how to unregister the license and refund you for the tool and license. if you decide to keep the license and/or the tool we will charge for each.

later in the year we will look to set up on the hill, give people plenty of notice, and they can come by and get a flash done, ride for a few hrs and then come back and let us take the flash out. we believe that the tunes are a significant improvement over stock and are willing to stand behind that, cheers i hope this answers your questions.

P
Nov 29, 2013
Minnesota
The 850 has had four seasons on it and thousands of trouble free turbo sleds running a lot more boost than the factory turbo. The only problem you run into is not enough octane for your boost level. The bikeman stage 3 is about the same boost as the sidekick, MPI and silber run and I’ve had dozens of friends with them with thousands of trouble free miles. As long as your not ever hitting the det sensor you’ll be good at 6-8lbs.
The factory turbo runs the same crank as the NA, but the pistons and cylinder head have different part numbers. Hopefully the pistons and head are more boost friendly and we

The factory turbo runs the same crank as the NA, but the pistons and cylinder head have different part numbers. Hopefully the pistons and head are more boost friendly and we golden
how much weight did you run on the bikeman stage 3

P
Mar 17, 2012
Bikeman sells a steep and deep kit that includes the primary arms with adj weights, primary spring, secondary spring, and helix. It worked really good spot on 8200 rpm. The primary weight set up was exactly what Jerod Session recommended.

S
Feb 7, 2010
Looking for some End of Season reports on how this worked out??
Silber tune. Ran stage 3 or 4 all season 8000 ft and up. No issues. Ran 2gallons of 110 to every tank. Added Silber Clutch springs weights helix and Diamond S can no other changes. Around 700 miles ridden like was stolen from the day it left the dealer. We will see if any issues arise next season. Factory belt still being used and after inspecting should last another season. If they tune higher I am willing to push it more as engine seems to handle boost quite well just don’t want to start encountering a lot of lag like turbos of the past!

Premium Features